Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Young woman in extreme pain and confusing symptoms

I am 23 years old and have been having pelvic pain for a year now. I have seen near 10-12 doctors and nurses. I have had every test done two or three times including scans and exams. I am so confused by all of the symptoms and I think the doctors are too. I have a history of irregular periods and hypoglycemia, so I am on Yasmin.
The doctors told me about 9 months ago that I had burst ovarian cysts though none of the tests positively confirmed this. My abdomen is very swollen, and I am very thin so it is very noticeable. There is always pain during intercourse. It also hurts when my bladder gets full, but I never actually have any problems or pain with using the restroom. The main constant choking pain is in my left ovary. However, I feel stabbing pain through the front of my left leg as well. My right ovary, the cervix, and uteris will also sometimes pulse in pain. I also happen to believe that a
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You should have MRI too.
Helpful - 0
your problems seem very similar to mine. i am 20 years old, history of irregular periods. i've had pelvic pain for about 3-4 months now, predominately on the left ovary, but sometimes on the right side and middle. the pain often travels to my lower back (not legs, so far). i've only been to the gyn once, for a pap and a transvaginal ultrasound, which didnt reveal any abnormalities except for enlarged ovaries. lately, the swelling seems to have gotten worse (i, too, am thin so it's noticable). my abdomen feels increasingly uncomfortable, as though there is not enough room for all my organs and they're all squishing together! good luck with your upcoming test, and please let me (and everyone else) know the results. i'm curious to see if maybe your results could tell me something about my condition, too. if it's easier, you can email me at ***@****  
thanks and good luck!
Helpful - 0
Is your lipoma located on your back where your panty line would be (not bikini panty lines)...kidney area? Most everyone has them, however they do get inflamed when there are issues.  When my symptoms started I notice these lumps in my back too.  After my surgery to remove my ovaries/cyst the lumps have gone back down to normal.  I think you will get most of your questions answered after your procedure.  You can have cysts that hide behind organs and therefore make it difficult to see on scans.

Best of luck to you on the 6th and I hope you get some answers for your pain.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.