Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

confusing symptoms

I am 28 years old and have a past history of ovarian cysts and squamous cell cervical leasions.  Whin I was 19 I was admitted to the hospital with severe abdominal pain.  I was told I had several ovarian cysts and one large one had ruptured.  The doc prescribed pain meds and sent me home.  Jumping forward several years: after the birth of my 3rd child my OB/GYN said my pap was positive for squamous cell lesions.  I had a coloscopy that came up normal.  My doc advised that not all cancers are detected with these tests and recomended a leep.  I had that done.  I have had pain and bleeding during intercourse ever since ( and before).  I am now having bleeding or spotting between periods along with pain in intercourse, severe lower left abdominal cramping, lower left back pain, naseua, fatigue, and recently my left foot has been going numb( not the sleeping numb, the I can't walk on it numb).  I went to my GYN and was told my left ovary was noticably enlarged during my pelvic. He said I would probably ovulate soon. I had just finished my period.  He blew off my other symptoms as PMS and 4 small kids. My pap was normal...I think I want a second opinion...
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have a question... I was having abnormal bleeding but that has for the most part stopped... In fact I have not started this month (I am clock work)... I have been having abdominal pain for a few months now and went to see the GYN and he did a biopsy and was stating that I had fiborids due to my uterus being lumpy when he put the insterment in to do the biopsy and he felt one on the left side and wants me to get a ultrasound (this friday)... here is the question... two days ago I started to have more pain (more then what made me call the doc in the first place)... My doc is on vac this month so I called the office and no call back... Husband took me to the er where they did a untrasound and said that my uterus look clear but I have a Complex cyst on my right overy... I think he said it was like 2.? I can not remember bucause of the pain meds... He said that I did not need to go to the Untrasound this friday and to follow up with my doc in the next couple of days... I think that I am going to keep the appt this friday just because... Has anyone had to deal with this... I am still in a lot of pain even with the pain meds that I am on... Will this go away..? Should I be concerned... I have my husband and kids scared not to mention me... I am almost 39 with three almost grown kids... I have never had anything go wrong with me...
Helpful - 0
ask for a vaginal ultrasound although not 100%,its one of the best ways of detecting ovarian cysts.I say not 100% as occassionally other organs such as the bowel can hide cysts ect. I think that is your next step. DAWN
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.