Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ABDOMINAL SYMPTOMS

HAVE HAD ABDOMINAL PREASURE BLOATING  BACK PAIN LIKE A DULL ACHE FOR ABOUT 9 MONTHS. HAD AN UPPER GI SMALL BOWL FOLLOW THRU AND A COLON OSCOPY EVERY THING CAME BACK NORMAL SO THEY SAID I HAD IBS DO NOT AGREE WITH AS MY SYMPTOMS NEVER GO AWAY ARE NOT TRIGGERED AFTER I EAT AND ARE GETTING WORSE .WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AFTER SLEPPING ON MY BACK I FEEL AS IF I HAD A 10LB ON MY STOMACH ALL NITE LONG. AS I`M UP I FEEL ALITTLE LESS PREASURE BUT NOT MUCH DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A OVARIAN CYST. IBS JUST SEEMS LIKE WHAT THEY SAY YOU HAVE IF THEY DON`T KNOW WHATS WRONG.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey everyone. went to gy doc yesterday had my ulta sound. follow up visit is not until jan. 4 so if they don`t call me before friday i`m going to call them. i would like to know something before the holidays. let you all know as soon as i do have a great christmas and new year and don`t forget the reason for the season he never forgets us!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
i too was thought to have IBS(had it for years)but i tried to tell them this was different, after colonoscopy,which was normal they did vaginal ultrasound. A cyst was found on both ovaries. When i had surgery recently to removed both ovaries they found the bowel and bladder were totally stuck to the ovaries and cysts. They have now addmitted that all my symptoms were from my ovaries. I paid
Helpful - 0
120574 tn?1240767840
I also had same symtoms with ovarian cyst.  Turned out one year later to be OVCA stage 3, go to the gyn and take care of it.
Helpful - 0
thanks for your help and support. i have fely for months that  there is something wrong but  every time i would go back to the doc. it would always be the same old song and dance ibs. i go to my gy. today at 4. had a bad night last nite with the back pain was up by 2 a.m. this morning i`m not to bad after 5 advil. sure i won`t get any answers today but at least i`m going in the right direction i feel alot better just knowing i`m going to the right doc. now,my sister is having a softball size mass removed from her right ovary today there 99% sure it is not cancer her ca-125 was only a 7 but they are going to test to be sure, wondering if cyst can run in families? let you all know what the doc. has to say when o get back. thanks feels great to know i`m not crazy and what i`m going thru is real.
Helpful - 0
Your next step would be to discuss your symptoms with your Gyn. so they can do an Ultrasound etc... Don't be afraid to trust your instincts and keep moving forward.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.