Aa
A
A
A
Close
120574 tn?1240767840

gah_70

Gail, How are you?  
I started my chemo again December 8th.  Dr. chose Carbo and Taxol again.  He said six rounds, but will check after two to see if it is working?????  As you know, the side effects are awful again.  Did start the neulasta right away this time.  Cancer nodules were getting bigger and scattered cancer on outside of colon.  According to Dr. not in the organs, I guess I have to take that as a good thing.   Amy
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
120574 tn?1240767840
Hi Gail,  No ascites. Taxol gives me joint pain, but the neulasta injection gives me bone pain.   I stopped taking the ginger just before I started the chemo again.  Dr. told me to stop.  The only thing I can see,  maybe the ginger might have helped with internal intentines but not on the outside of them.

You sound good, and I am glad your numbers are good.  I also was having trouble six months after surgery with bladder infections,  but cleared up with antibiotics.  

Stay in touch,  Amy
Helpful - 0
120574 tn?1240767840
Hi Gail,  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  Yes back on same 3 week schedule.  Feeling better from the side effects today.  I have been measuring my abdomin in went from 33 to 35 I was concerned that the nodule was getting larger.  Dr. said not to worry could be gas bloating.  
I must say from a year ago, when I had the surgery the chemo was not allowing me to heal at all quickly.  But now without the surgery issue, I think I may handle this better.  

How are you doing?
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Do you have any acites with it this time?  That could cause the bloat, too.  What a miserable feeling that is.  But glad you are dealing with it better.  Does the Taxol cause joint pain for you?

I am doing pretty well.  I am still dealing with the after effects of surgery from last year from time to time.  Little things keep cropping up that are a result of my body getting back to normal after such a large surgery.  Had bladder cauterization a couple of weeks ago to kill a recurrant infection caused by the catheter and constant UTI's.  Hopefully that is taken care of now.  But all in all, I can't complain.  My numbers are still coming back good, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I read my previous post again, and for some reason, I stopped in mid-sentence!  I was wanting to ask if you are still taking ginger.  I try to remember every day, but I admit, I have skipped a couple.  

Gail
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Glad you posted.  I was wondering how things were going.  I definitely think it's a good thing that the cancer hasn't spread into any major organs.  I had it on my colon, too, but I don't know if it was on the outside like yours, or if it had penetrated.  I'm sorry you have to go through those side effects of Taxol and Carbo again, but I have to think for some of us, that's the best combination to kill it.  How are you feeling now?  It's only been 5 days, so I imagine you aren't looking to run any marathons any time soon.  Are you back on the 3 week schedule?  Are you still taking your

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.  I'm really hoping the second time is a charm!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.