Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovary/dermoid dissapeared-removal cancelled

Yep . . . the orgional ultra sound on Nov.21 detected a 1.6 cm dermoid. Surgery was scheduled to have that removed along with possible ablation of uterus if biospy was normal because of excessive bleeding and anemia.

Well I went for the pre-op yesterday an we reviewed a MRI done Dec 8 . .  and no dermoid just small simple cysts in both ovaries, then on Dec 13(pre-op) my Gyn did a U/C and she did not see a dermoid either just tiny cysts. I do have mild adeomyosis confirmed on MRI and new UC.

Doc suggested  not to remove the ovary at this time and recheck it in two months since no dermoid is showing at this point.

Does this happend frequently?? I am so glad I insisted on more testing before surgery. Could you imgine them going in a taking the ovaries with no dermoid, but a few sinmple cysts inside.

Best wishes to all,
Suett
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there, I think that the ovaries naturally produce cycts when ovulating.  Not sure if this is what your doctor saw?  When I had my surgery the doctor took pictures and gave them to me.  It showed the cyst, which was removed from my right ovary (ovary removed as well).  On my left ovary were 2 smaller cysts.  The right cyst and left cyst looked totally different. The doctor left my left ovary and cysts and explained that they were "normal".  The other cyst was endometriosis.

I'm glad that you aren't going to have to have surgery!
Lori
Helpful - 0
That's really great news!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.