Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
12451 tn?1210016405

FINALLY surgery scheduled

Finally after 2 weeks of messing with insurance they scheduled me for surgery and cancelled and rescheduled and then cancelled again now it is finally set for monday..yuck on my b-day..dr. says he is going to do a laparotomy to remove the cyst or what ever this is. Let me tell ya this has been a ridiculous 2 weeks I am having to call the insurance co, dr office and such..how long is the stay in the hospital? I am going to miss all my kids programs and such at school but hopefully this will take care of my problems...I'm tire of feeling weak and exhausted. hope all that has had surgery is doing very well...will post after surgery...
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If they're doing a lap you will be in the hospital at least two days, possibly more. Things to make sure you take with you are comfy nightgowns, reading material, a nice pillow (to hold over your abdomen when you cough, sneeze, etc... it really helps!), chapstick, and lotion. Little things you never think about until you want them! :)
Think of it this way... you have surgery on your birthday, but your birthday is a new beginning, so think of this as a new start without the problems you have now.
Hang in there, and keep us posted!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
Good luck on your surgery.  I've been following your posts.  I hope all goes well for you and that you are quickly on your way to recovery.  Have a happy holiday!
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
Very best to you two.  Don't be afraid, God will be there with you both all the way. Looking forward to you posting after it is over , this has been a month of remarkable things happening.
Helpful - 0
12451 tn?1210016405
Thanks so much for the encouragement and good luck to you as well on your surgery... Yesterday my dad asked me what I really wanted for xmas and I told him to get this over with so I can start to feel better and be able to do again...Thanks for everything and Happy Holidays to all...will see you again after surgery...
Helpful - 0
Hope all goes well with your surgery.  Just think of it as your Re-birthday and know it will make your future birthdays more interesting to reflect back upon this time and know that you gave yourself a special gift on the path to healing.  Godspeed to healing!
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
I'm having surgery this week too. Mine is on Thursday and I'm in the dumps but ready to get it over with.

Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.