Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

abnormal vaginal bleeding

Hi Dr Goodman
I was diagnosed of borderline ovarian cancer March 2006 and had a followup surgery on May to remove the right ovary and tube, as well as omentum and appendix because the tumor broke during the first surgery on march. I amd 32 and have been on birth control pills since September. My last ultrasound on Nov was good, nothing unusual. I also had a Pap Smear on Oct, all normal. Starting from last Monday, a week after the end of last period, i've had abnormal vaginal bleeding and it's still on. It's not heavy, more like spotting. My ob/gyn said he doesn't know why i was bleeding but said it's nothing to worry about. I'd like to know how would you approach this. Why am I having this abnormal bleeding? My next follow-up ultrasound is next Monday. Is there any more test that I should take? Thanks.

Regards,
sophie
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello Sophie! I just wanted to say that if I hadn't had irregular bleeding I might have never found the cyst on my left ovary that turned out to be a malignant tumor which led to my Stage 1C diagnosis. Stay on the doc about the bleeding. Don't wait to long as your iron can drop too low too. Happy Holidays!
Helpful - 0
sorry, i meant to post it onto the other forum to Dr Goodman.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.