Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
167426 tn?1254086235

Recovery coming along fine

Just talked with daughter about how she is coming along.  Her white count is rising slowly, doctor said as long as she has the bone pain that means the bone marrow is working hard to replace the cells. She is still drinking the ginger tea daily and feels it is helping her alot. Bought a dozen ginger cookies this week end on her first auto trip of 4 hours to daughters house in Ill. She said she went shopping for 2 hours and it really wasn't tiring at all.  Her menopause symptoms have decreased also, she thinks the sage tea helped with that. She refused all homone therapy. CA125 is still within low level at 18.  Takes C and B12, plus multi vitamins daily. Avoids sugar and eats lots of fresh veggies and fruit. Buys organic when she can find them. Uses fresh pond raised fish.  Uses garlic in many foods. Trying to increase protein in the diet now.  Drinks cranberry juice to ward off kidney problems. Leslee was born with 4 kidneys, during surgery the Doctor checked them , all 4 are working, but 2 of them are smaller. Stool softener 2 times a week. Uses the ball to prevent adhesions.  She is getting much more exercize now. Started back swimming 2 times per week. All in all I am quite satisfied with her recovery and her attitude towards herself. She still is keeping her daily diary and takes it with her to appointments. She had her flu shot last Friday with no problem. She wanted me to thank all of you that have answered my questions so that I could pass them on to her. Her dx was in June, surgery level 3, July 3rd, complete hyst etc, 6 rounds of chemo. Finished mid Nov.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am so happy your daughter is doing better.Sounds like she is doing all the right things!
maryxx
Helpful - 0
That's great. I take sublingual B12 with a B50. It helps with the energy level. I'm glad she is now treating herself holistically. Also get lots of calcium and magnesium from her greens. Spinach, swiss chard, collards, kale and dandelion, salads. Its amazing my calcium levels are high. Not from dairy though but from all the greens I eat. When I started dairy again awhile ago my calcium levels actually went down. Dairy drains me of my energy levels. I drink almond milk that I make instead of milk. There was actually a study on dairy with ovarian cancer saying to stay away. Also was a study with tremendous benefits of green tea and ovarian. Google those words and you'll come up with it.  Wishing your daughter all the best and you TOO!
Helen
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.