Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian/uterine problemss

Hi there...new here, I am 47, post menopausal, one year ago they found a cyst on left ovary, said it would go away.  About 5 months ago I started having pains, nausa,weight loss, full bloated feeling , just in general did not feel good, tired, etc.  Went to my GP, he said ulcers, did blood tests for kidneys, liver, etc, all fine.  ended up at my gyno (a new one) and she found cyst still there on left ovary, plus two o nright ovary, and my uterus linin gis twice the thickness is is suppossed to be.  They have done a biopsy of lining, and a CA125, and have been checking the cysts for the past two months (every three weeks), it has grown about 3 cm more....I am awaiting the results of biopsy and CA125, but am losing my mind with worry...I would appreciate any information , and or medical thoughts on this....thank you so much.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, I'm new to this. I also had ovarian cysts that grew and shrank and I eventually got ovarian(both ovaries) and uterine cancer. Luckily it was all caught in stage 1.
Helpful - 0
The cysts can cause all those problems, icky little things that they are. The symptoms can be caused by any of the types of cysts (dermoid, endometrial, hemmhoragic, etc). You didn't mention how large they are... some dr's like to wait till they're a certain size before removing them. Sounds like you are on top of everything, though, and you seem to have a proactive dr who's willing to keep going with it.
Hang in there, and keep us posted!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.