Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What's up with this?

Hi Cysters!  Well, after 6 weeks from a right ovary/cyst removal I am experiencing something strange.  I have been spotting for 11 days now and having pain on my left side.  At the time of my surgery the Dr. saw 2 cysts on my left ovary but thought they looked more like the "normal" kind that occur during ovulation. Now I am afraid that they weren't normal and are growing.  When I started to spot I thought that it was a period but now it's just nothing more than an irritating spotting.  Could this be something hormonal?  I am not on BC.  Had tubes cut in 1995.

Yesterday was a set back day.  I'd felt so good from week 4 into 5 and then in one day I felt tired and hurting again. Also, there is a strange soreness at my tail bone. If I sit for any amount of time I have to get up.  It's not muscular or like a joint hurt.  It's very hard to explain.

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and New Year!  Thanks for being here.
Lori
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there!  Gosh...I'm sorry you all are experiencing the same pain but glad in some respect that it's not just me.  I talked with the doctor yesterday about the spotting.  He wanted to put me on an oral progesterone suppliment.  I really don't want to do that.  I have some ProGest cream that I'm trying.  The spotting does seem to have let up a little but is still there.  If it's still going on in 2 weeks I'll need to go back for another VUS.  

Of course with all the talk about hormones and blood I totally forgot to ask him about the tailbone aching.  I hope we all get to feeling better soon!

And the fun just keeps on coming, doesn't it?
Lori
Helpful - 0
I think you guys need some "good" news here...
My co-worker's wife had a same pain, and he told me, her right ovary and tube formed together the big mass, and growned to the nerve close by the tail bone(?)... The mass was removed and she is FINE!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi Lori,
I have the same thing as you. I've had the tailbone pain since I first was told I had the cyst,in fact that was what was bothering me most and probably how they found it(after many tests including a spinal xray).I too thought it was pressure from the cyst maybe pushing against my bladder and then against my tailbone(whatever!).However,I am also dismayed and aggravated that it seems to be still here at 4 wks post-op(although a little less irritating). I am bugged about it but i have been dealing with so much since surgery including bronchitis and pneumonia at 5 days past that I was thinking maybe I hurt it from all the coughing(it was really bad coughing) so I don't have any answers for you but thought i'd tell you I have the same uncomfortable feeling..if you find anything out let me know..I find it hard to think that there would be another cyst on tailbone..oh god..lol!
Mary
Helpful - 0
Hi Cirella, I feel the same "strange" back pain too. My uterus was removed and I keeped my ovaries. I will find out what is going on soon. I will have ultras. today...
I can not seat more than 15-20 min...Lower back pain, around my tail bone. I think, was a bad choice not to remove my ovaries...
Helpful - 0
Hi there.  Well, still spotting.  I'll be calling the doctor today.  This kind of came out of left field and I'm mildly concerned.  I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!
Lori
Helpful - 0
Hi and thanks for the reply.  I looked up pilonidal cyst.  That was interesting. LOL  The only symptom I have is the pain.  I first noticed it while waiting for my surgery.  I thought it was pressure from my cyst.  It didn't go away after surgery, in fact, it got worse.  If my bleeding doesn't go away by Tuesday I'm calling the Dr.  

Merry Christmas!
Lori
Helpful - 0
167998 tn?1208907144
This whole recovery thing is something else.  I can certainly understand your concerns.  I believe you and I had our surgeries around the same time.  I got my cycle a few weeks ago.  It was very different but I got a full cycle not just spotting.  I'm not taking BCs either.  I hope everything works out for the best. And hopefully its nothing big! Good luck.  

Merry Christmas.
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
Could be a pilonidal cyst.  Have you ever had a hard fall on the tail bone?  This is a small cyst that is located to one side of the coccyx {tail bone} very simple surgery for removal.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.