Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HELP! anybody bled post op hyster after 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM IN A PANIC ITS PAST THREE IN THE AM JUST RETURNED FRO THE ER I STARTED LIGHT BLEEDING OUT OF NOWHERE THREE WEEKS PAST MY HYSTERECTOMY GIRLS........I GOT EXAINED THE DR SAID HE COULD SEE AN AREA WHERE THE STICHES WERE DISTURBED AND THAT WAS THE REASON FOR THE BLEEDING.......DID A QUICK ULTRASOUND NO INTERNAL BLEEDING.......I HAVE NOT HAD ANY SIGN OF BLEEDING SINCE THE SURGERY EXDCEPT NOW I PHONE Y GYNIN THE AM IN A FE WHRS HE PHONED HIM IN HONOLULU AND GO THIM OUT OF BED..... I DONT THINK I OVERDID ANYTHING, EXCEPT MAYBE IN AND OUTOF THE CAR TOO MUCH.I HAVE NOT LIFTED, I HAVE BET DOW CAREFULLY A FEW TIMES AND LAST NIGHT BEARED DOWN ABIT TO HAVE A BOWEL MOVEMENT COULD THAT HAVE DONE THAT..............HOW COME IS THIS  IM FREAKING AGAIN AND I WONDER IF MY SURGEON IS GONNA THROW ME IN BED WHATS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN,PLEASE I NEED TO HEAR FROM SOMEBODY WHO HAD A COMPLETE HYSTER. THEN BLED NOT TONS, ITS LIGHT AS I SPEAK, BUT ITS THERE THREE WEEKS DOWN THE ROAD!
I DID SIT IN A BAD CHAIR     2 DAYS AGO ANDIT HURT FROM THEN ON I FELT PULLING ON BOHT SIDES OF MY GROIN OR IS THAT PART OF THE HEALING OF TH EMUSCLES????  i have tried to do everything perfect.
I NEED SOME INFO!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO HAVE A PHOBIA OF THIS AS I HEMORRAGED WHEN I HAD MY DAUGHTER AND ALSO WHEN THEY CUT INTO MY CERVICX 20 YEARS AGO AND LEFT ITIN THERE AND NOW IDONT EVEN HAVE A CERVIX.......NURSE MARTY OR ANYBODY  HELP THE ME I WILL NOT SLEEP TONIGHT, CHECK MY PAD EVERY HOUR.
OH LORD...........ANOTHER HICCUP
KATHY
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was told that you can bleed up to 2 weeks after the hysterectomy.....I have had some light brownish blood still come out and mine will be three weeks on Thursday.  Maybe I have over done it some too...but sneezing all that since getting the cold did not help me.  Let me know what you find out...and if it has stopped.
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
Kathy   Unless you are bleeding heavily, I don't think it is any thing to worry about. Did you also have the cervix removed, either totally or partial?  Just might to have a small area cauterized is all. Usually 4 to 6 weeks is required for most healing, and so if you went at it too soon, there might be some little surface leaking. Don't know if they told you or not  but do not use tampons.
Helpful - 0
HI THANKS FOR OUR NOTE - ES HE TOOK THE CERVIX JUST GOTOFF THEPH WIH TTHE SURGEON HE IS AWAY FOR A WEEK HE SAID IT CAN HAOOEN S THE SUTURES BEGIN TO DISSOLVE, AND IF I HAVE A   LIGHT PERIOD FOR THE NEXT 5-6 DAYS THAT IS FINE ANYTHIGN HEAVIER SEE A GN HERE ON MAUI
HE DID SAYS IT HAPPENS I AM JUST PARALAYZED WITH FEAR
HE SAID TAKEIT EASY DONT STAY IN BED BUT DONT GO OUT AND GO SHOPPING, STAY AROUND THE HOUSE AND WALK ETC.  DONT THINK IT IS ANYTHING IVE DONE.......I SEE HIM IN A WEEK.
WHAT DO U THINK
THERE WAS NOBLEEDING OVERNIGHT BUT WHEN I WIPE THERE IS A LIGHT RED THERE NOT DARK - AND NO RED IN MY PEE
MARTY HAVE U HEARD OF THIS - WHATS HAPPENING....I FEEL LIKE IM IN ANIGHTMARE AGAIN
KATHY
AFRAID TO MOVE
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
DO NOT PANIC  you are doing fine  it is to expected to do a little spotting after any hysterectomy  you still need to move around as much as normal,  but do not over due it.  Pretend the surgery was last week and you know how easy you took it then. No lifting.  But to sit all the time is not good for you either. Do you use a stool softener at least 2 times a week, that will aid the BM's You would know if you were in distress by other signs and a small amount of spotting is not any thing to worry about. If you were passing clots, had very dark {old pooled blood}, belly pain, and  fever then that might mean something else.
Helpful - 0
THANKS..............DOES THAT MEAN I LITERALLY AM STARTING OVER A WEEK AFTER THE SURGERY  BY :"THINKIN" OF IT THAT WAY OR AM i REALL AT THREE WEEKS POST OP???
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
You are 3 weeks post op  but it still takes 4 to 6 weeks for recovery. Sometimes even a bit longer.  What I meant was  do not try to hurry things up so much,  that 6 weeks means taking it easy. Trust the doctor, he sewed you up really good and you are not going to "fall" apart.  Just talked to Leslee and asked her about spotting post op, she said she didn't, but for me to tell you that "you will heal up fine" and "since you came out clean,  you should not be worrying so much". Remember about adhesions though, try to keep them from forming. Leslee said she would trade Iowa weather for Hawaii right now though. She was taking care of her new grandson today, she bathed and fed him,  so you need to be looking forward to that new grandchild now in March.
Helpful - 0
Simply An Angel Star
Thank you somuch for getting met thru this..........I just now had an enormous BM no exertion, plus a large BM at six thirty this am .last night I beared down as I felt impacted and Im thinking al lof that enormous amount of stool would it be irirtating the incision the pressure of it all in there?
and last night when I beared down a little hard stool came out and an hr later the spotting started....
Does that make sense to you?

I know I know Imjust scared from hemorring in the past and it never leaves you and yes.....
I did not have blood with this  last BM just a bit when I     wipe....with th eblood clot in there can I expect to pass it too?  Nobody here to help explain anything....I wonder if all the pressure would of "irriated my sutures and caused the bleed?"   Wondering if they are next to each other.?
Another thing.......is the bowel near where he stitched me all up inside??? Would it put pressure on the dissolving sutures?

Sorry for the "crappy" subject, and thank Leslee - I know I am consumed wiht myself and I should not be this way, I am glad she is doing better and has the attitude she has, you tell her if I could have one fraction of her attitude..........I would be such a better stronger person you are blessed you have her
Will wait to hear
Love Kathy
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
Without getting too technical, the descending colon that leads to the rectum lies just in back of the cervix, when the colon is full of feces it sets up the "waves" of muscles so that the movement occurs. If you force this by pushing, you pile up a larger ammount of feces in the lowest part of the colon. This creates a "Buldge"  Since the cervix was removed there are sutures in that area, and could be irritated. they gave leslee stool softners so this would not occur. I would suggest that you not "push" you need your bowels to return to normal asap. Drink plenty of fluids and do light normal activity. A good gentle stool softener is called DOS. no perscription nessesary. It is not a laxative. I am very proud of my daughter, she is a "trooper" , only thing worrying her right now is a dentist appt  Thursday.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.