Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pins and needles in hands and feet

Hi everybody - I have taken your advice and asked my doctor about vitamin B6 to help my symptoms.   She agreed that it could be useful and I started my tablets today so will let you know how things go.   I restart cisplatin/etopiside on Thursday so maybe it is a bit late for the B6 to do much good but considering I did not have the pins and needles till a while after I finished the treatment in October I'll give it my best shot.   For anyone new to this site my cancer has not come back as quickly as this would seem, they stopped my treatment to give my body a wee rest as my recovery was getting slower with each treatment - I had been so ill before starting treatment.   I am pleased to say it worked for me but I was a wee bit far through last time and feel so much better I am sure it will be easier this time.   Gosh the tingling in my fingers is so anoying - I touch type and keep hitting two or more keys just now, really maddeni9ng.
A happy and healthy New Year to you all.
God Bless
Helen Jane
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Happy New Year Helen!  Last year I wasn't at all sure I'd see another one but here I am - let's all be determined to see 2008 as well!  

I've just been watching a TV programme about some Scots objecting to the dreaded English singing Auld Lang Syne - it's not their (ie our song) song it belongs to the Scots!  Bit hilarious really - I think good tunes should be shared by all don't you?!  And we always acknowledge its Scottish roots.  

I do hope you had a good Christmas break and can face your new lot of chemo with as much cheer as possible.  I'm likely to be following you the week after and starting the dreaded cisplatin/etoposide regime.  Are they giving you the intensive cisplatin again?  I wasn't sure from my oncologist's explanation how many times the cycle goes on.  Your sheer guts about this chemo gives me quite a lot of much needed encouragement.  I've not entirely decided yet but it seems likely as I am having increasing symptoms.  I really hope it works as well for me as it has for you.  Hope the B6 works too. Love Jenny

Helpful - 0
Hi!  I pray that the vitamins work great for you!!  I wish you  much luck, strength and health  in the new year too!! God bless you.  Merytre :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.