Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Total Hyster Thursday What Can I expect after ?

I will be having a Total Hyster and Ovaries out on Thursday 1/4. To think this all started 9 months ago with post menopause bleeding it has now come down to this.I have a septated 3 inch cyst on my right ovary that she has been following along with thick uterus and plopys (which i had a D&C) for in August. This dam cyst wont go  away. At least it hasn;t gotten bigger just won't go away. Have OC in my family aunt,cousin,my sister was got in time.I am so scared of being out so long and all the horror stories I have read on The HysterSisters page that I can't sleep and then the bowel prep thing again.When I had my cat scan done of stomach my colon large and small seems very narrow and she is thinking I might have endo bad since my colonscopy was prefect.Has anyone else here had a simliar experience with colon being narrow? I am having it done by a GYN/ONC one of the best in Jersey
Any support or advive is greatly appericated
Linda
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had a total (ovaries included)done on Dec. 7th.  I have recovered quite well.  I would say that the worst of it was vomiting right after the surgery (from the anesthesia)and having the 16 staples in my belly.  I had my surgery on a Thursday and was out of the hospital on Saturday.  I believe that I have healed well from sleeping in my recliner for the first 2 weeks or so.  I was told to take Premarin for HRT, but I have not taken it yet as I have not had any menopause symptoms.  I took advantage of my sick leave and took the whole 6 weeks off, but that is because I didn't want to go back to work and over do things.  Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
158061 tn?1202678326
I did not have a problem post op.  I was out of the hospital in 3 days, did not have any pain other than normal stuff.  I did make sure I walked every day, I was out of the house and either went around the block or had someone drive me to the mall.  As far as the bowel prep, if you did not have problem with the colonoscopy prep, I don't know why you would have a problem with the hystrectomy, unless they are concerned that there are some scarring from the endometriosis.  Good luck, stay active.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.