Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

SCARED TEST RESULTS

Hi ladies  , I have posted on this forum a couple of times , what a wonderful group of people on here . I have clear cell cancer and get my latest CA125 results at my checkup 0n tuesday i can,t tell you how scared I am . My oncolist phoned today to bring my appointment forward by 2 hours because she has to be at another hospital and my paranoia about it being my test results is making me feel ill . Does anyone else get sick to their stomach like me before an appointment ? any replies encouragement or any wise words welcome . HELP SCARED !!
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey thats great news ! I am so pleased for you , my mind keeps wandering thinking what if this ?, what if that ?  but you are right  you can scare yourself for days on end and it turns out completely different from what you imagined .  Thank goodness for this forum as I would have gone insane by now!! . I am going to go to the beach tomorrow and breathe the sea air and chill out before my appointment on tuesday . Thanks for your words of wisdom and i,m really pleased about your good news . Will let you know what happens on tuesday . Keep well and take care - Silver
Helpful - 0
I just went through the same thing. I got my first CA 125 blood test along with cholesterol (requested from family doctor) at same time. My gyn oncol said to call him a week after the test for results. In the meantime I just had a clear CT scan and mammogram so I was feeling pretty confident. Then I got the stupid card in mail to call my family doctor. I KNEW it was about the cholesterol test but I started freaking myself out that maybe she got results on my CA 125 and that's why I had to call her. I am such a dork! I had myself convinced of this but knew she would NEVER call me with such information. I immediately called my gyn oncol who wasn't returning calls till next day. Then tried calling my chemo doc but got all those voice mail options. Sitting there in a panic the super great secretary at gyn oncol called me back and told me my CA 125 number was 9!!! I couldn't stop smiling for hours...heck DAYS! I am still smiling. I let my head get carried away with that one card. And honestly, I STILL haven't talked my to family doc about the cholesterol test. (I know I really need to get on that!!!) So my point is...try to remain calm and keep busy. I know easier said than done...hang in there!
Helpful - 0
Hi ,  you are right  , and I certainly feel better knowing I can ask advice and share fears with others , As I said before I need to get out and about a bit more instead of staying in the house alone worrying all day about things i can,t change . I know we all have to go for these checks for our own good and I will remember the kind messages of support when I am at the hospital on tuesday  , will let you know what happens , keep well and thanks so much again for wise words -Silver
Helpful - 0
Hi , thanks I will try to do that , I appreciate you taking the time to help me with your suggestion . There are so many lovely  people on this forum ,thank goodness as I nearly went mad this afternoon !! . How are you ? worry and fear are so crippling at times that you can drive yourself round the bend with repetative thoughts etc . I know that us women are strong and its nice to be able to support each other . Thanks for your kind words and take care - Silver
Helpful - 0
178345 tn?1242536246
I just read your post....I am a very big worrier myself and I have been seeing a therapist for my anxiety and worries and she has given me some good advise. here;s an idea....put your thoughts into a container in your mind and seal it up and close it till Tuesday. Try and enjoy your weekend, keep busy and focus on the positive...Everything will be good...Prayers :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for replying so fast , you are of course right and I need to be rational about things . I have put on some music and have been singing along to take my mind off of things and I do feel  that my spirits have lifted a bit . I do get lonely at times as I am at home a lot of the time on my own , I will make an effort to change that and go for a walk or something when I start getting those negative feelings . Hope you are well and thanks so much for being there , it means a lot to me. Take care Silver
Helpful - 0
178345 tn?1242536246
thanks for asking..taking it one day at a time...thats all we can do.
Helpful - 0
155056 tn?1333638688
That old cancerhead!!!  I was early staged, 6 years ago, and still get nervous before every appointment...I have one coming up next year....I think that a certain amount of nervousness and fear is 100 percent normal.  This cancer thing is always in the back of minds.

And SimpleStar is right, if the test results were horrible and they wanted to see you sooner....it would be days earlier, not just 2 hours.

Good luck and please let us know how the appointment goes.
Helpful - 0
Hi  Dian ,  thanks so much for replying so fast ,you are right of course we all go through it with worrying and I suppose we wouldn,t be human otherwise . Its so nice that there are caring people out there who understand and offer wise words of comfort . you have made me feel better and I hope I will be able to help others if I can as we all have knowledge of different situations . hope you are well . thankyou for your support .  Silver
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
What can a person write about dealing with fear?  We deal with it most of our lives. We all have them and face them in different ways,  when we have someone to share them with, it helps, when you are alone it takes courage.  You were prepared to see your doctor on Tuesday, but because she had to reset the time, your fear is that it has something to do with your test.  Take your doctors word for it that something came up and she has to be elsewhere at that time.  The test won't change , just the time you hear the results. We try to teach our children to be independent and that means facing fears,  we think that childhood fears are small and something as small as a night light will erase that fear. As we get older those fears can control  a major portion of our days,  we need night lights,  those are called coping skills.  Fear is not a weakness it is the thing that makes us strong. Learn to stop and think through what your fear is and then decide how you want to deal with it.  I always try to sing that song, "I am woman, hear me roar"  and I remember  a great man saying one time, "We have nothing to fear, but fear its self", so my dear, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and sing this old song with me, Put all your troubles in your old kit bag, and smile, smile, smile.  You can do it.  
Helpful - 0
Hello there, silver....we all know the "butterflies in the stomach" and the "all over sick feeling" and the feeling of "impending doom"......none of it is fun.  All you can do, and you know this, is to find something to occupy yourself until the bewitching hour arrives.  One thing we all need to learn to do better is to "not borrow trouble"  we all do that when we worry before we know we have anything to worry about....okay, now I have confused even myself....just hang in there kid and know we are all hanging in there with you....post as often as necessary to get you through this wait....many of us have been where you find yourself today.  Keep us posted!
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.