Pancreatic Cancer Community

This community is a place to find others who share your interest in pancreatic cancer. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with pancreatic cancer patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, chemotherapy, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with pancreatic cancer, prognosis, radiation therapy, research, surgery, treatments

41 - 60 (of 103) questions
For over 3 years I had flucatinig lipase numbers ranging from 1-4x over limit. The first was found incidentally while completely asymptomatic. When discovered I was given ultrasound, ct scans with constrast, ca19, colonscopy, celiac test...
jersey88AD | Last answer
Hello! My daddy has metastatic pancreatic cancer. He finished his first round of chemo today. We were told that his CA19-9 tumor marker measured at 156. I know that normal is 35, but is 156 a high number? I am having trouble finding...
bdunmoyer | Last answer
I have been having shortness of breath for a month now, and a week ago I felt a sharp pain in my upper left abdomen under my rib. The pain was short and didn't last long, but later on I developed bloated feeling and shortness of breath a...
Dantem | Last answer
I have an elevated lipase test. 300 is the limit mine was 365. I'm very scared of pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis. I have no symptoms at all. I felt great actually.what can cause this elevated lipase? I keep hearing it can be somth...
Cclee89 | Last answer
Hello, I was suffering from pancreatic pain, Doctors advised me to go for ultrasound and MRI, My report says - Bulky head of Pancreas and Mildly Dilated Pancreatic Duct, is this serious problem? what should I do? Please advise me,...
Godiyal | Posted
Link to Diagnostic Pathology Expert forum: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pathology-Diagnostic/show/1693 We realize that pathology reports can be difficult to understand. This forum will give you a place to ask your personal questions ...
MH Community Mgr | Last answer
.Two years ago I was involverd in a serious motorcycle accident. Three of the many injuries I had were a broken pelvis, ruptured bladder and two fractured vertebrae. I have had many ct scans since. A year ago I had a ct scan of my bac...
geneo357 | Posted
Cancer Therapy: Can It Hurt Your Heart? Thursday Aug 01, 2013, 12:00PM - 01:00PM (EST) For one day only, doctors from the Cleveland Clinic Cardio-Oncology Center will participate in a live, online health chat to answer your persona...
Cindy | Posted
my friend has mets in the stomach /pancreas region anyone on this site try medicinal narijuana for vomiting and or pain? she may try a chemo will decide on wednesday trying to keep her off the pain meds as i have seen them desro...
jayhorses | Posted
On August 1st, 2013, doctors from the Cleveland Clinic Cardio-Oncology Center will participate in a live, online health chat to answer your questions about cardio-oncology. Register today and ask your question! Click Here: http:/...
MH Community Mgr | Posted
I have had consistently raised pancreatic and liver enzymes apparently, and I've had severe digestive probs. At times I've found it hard to keep food down, and when I can I feel like I need to eat ALL the time, like someone's stealing al...
0Freaked0 | Posted
my cancer screening marker for pancreas is in high range of 57...what does that mean?
deejayy | Last answer
I have a question concerning my father, he has been jaundiced for the past 3 weeks,has abdominal pain-which has subsided somewhat,dark urin and light coloured stool, bloated & itchy stomach. He lives in England and they seem to be taking...
ciarri | Last answer
It started a few months back with some nausea and pain in my right abdomen. Been having pain in my back, moves around, pain in my stomach that moves around. Some days I am fine with no pain at all. Went to my gyno and had a complete h...
modublin2210 | Last answer
hello, i urgently need help . My mother aged 63 years had her yearly CT Scan which has showed pancreatic mass ( cystic lesion) of 8 cms * 7 cms . She has no problems neither are any symptoms of cancer . The doctors advised her to undergo...
simmi73 | Last answer
My wife is a very healthy 45 year old. After noticing come dark urine and having some back pain of the right side and some cramping, she went in to the doctor. They ran blood work and it all came back fine, specifically to this post, ...
smaug | Last answer
I was told by by my doctors that I had a 2cm mass in the middle part of my pancreas. They did and EUC and took 8 biopsies of the tumor, plus three vials of blood for the three types of cancer screening. My results came back that all tumo...
saddletramp007 | Last answer
Hi all, I'm extremely worried because of my symptoms and looking for an answer on the web doesn't help at all. I now start thinking I may have pancreatic cancer. Here is the list of my symptoms: - Steatorrhea (fat yellow stools) ...
killaids | Last answer
Since 2006 I have had either CT or MRI's done to check the size of the lesion on my pancreas. It was found by looking for somthing else. I was seeing a doctor for 4 years then he left and new doctor that replaced him left within the ye...
Susan1118 | Last answer
what to do and where to go with 1.5 cm leasion on head of pancreas ? i have to wait to see GI for 4 months, since iI have social medical insurance (. I went to pancreas cancer simposium in San Francisco, it is was just handfull numb...
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pancreatic Cancer Community Resources