Aa
A
A
Close

Parenting Teens (12-17) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

41 - 60 (of 909) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I feel like my attraction to my mom is becoming more and more of a problem and I'm not sure what to do. My mom is a single mom and I am an only child, so it has always been just us. My very first sexual feelings were toward her and they ...
  Posted
I am 38 years old, and my husband is 46. We have two sons, aged 10 and 14. My older son is a swimmer and golfer, younger plays soccer and learns karate. Neither have eating disorders, mental health issues or chronic health issues. I am a...
  Posted
Where do I start, my 16 y/o son has taken control of our lives bit by bit and now it's so extreme I don't know where to start. I've always done most of the parenting but since a year ago my husband is at home more often and also he's no...
  Posted
Hearing on the news about accidents involving teenage drivers that killed a car full of kids because of speeding and careless driving is terrifying and heartbreaking as a parent. I just wondered if anyone else has something in place for ...
  Posted
Just a quick summary. My teen daughter (17) met a boy (19) about 4 months ago and he seemed like a nice young man. For the most part they followed the rules a few bobbles but not terrible. They went to church together and were always ...
  Posted
I feel really helpless. My son (14.5 y.o.) had a bad injury to his leg this summer, so he had to miss all his fall sport season. When he was told by the doctor he is allowed to start a physical therapy, he was very exited and made a lot ...
  Posted
I am going to make an extremely long story very short in hopes of some advice. 1. Ages 13-17 daughter lying and sneaking and boy crazy. 2. 17 yr old daughter caught sneaking out (with one of said boys) and being truent numerous tim...
  Posted
Really struggling recently with 15 year old daughter. She has lots of great attributes, very bright, confident, talented but also incredibly fixed on her own opinions and will not budge or reach compromises eg point blank refused to take...
  Posted
16147865 tn?1445660070
when watching this show, it's very good NEW Huge 30 Surprise Eggs Opening Kinder Surprise Disney Frozen Minnie Mouse Peppa Pig https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiH0S_qvqLw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxtf_fVj6Mw https://www.youtu...
  Posted
Hello! I'm new here and I have a question or rather something that has been bothering me for a while and I hope I can get some answers here. I am happily married and living with my husband and for the passed 2 years his daughter has bee...
  Posted
My 17 year old son and I have a strained, almost broken relationship. He has a very negative personality. He is rude and disrespectful to me, although he expects me to do and buy things for him. He thinks I yell at him all the time (so...
  Posted
My husband of 20 years and I separated after he admitted to having an affair with his office manager for about two years. During the affair he was impossible to live with and lying to me about his relationship. I didn't know it at the ...
  Posted
I'm totally confused, dejected and feel painful with my 16 yr old son. The following are the problems I face with him. 1. He doesn't follow any rules of home - Totally resistant - disrespects both me and my husband. 2. He doesn't keep ...
  Posted
My husband and I have been helping my parents raise out grandson and grandaughter since they were born. My granddaughter is starting to have anxiety attacks. She is 17 now. Our grandson, her brother, has always been temperamental,and is ...
  Posted
My fiance's 13 year old son who lives with me 3 days a week is constantly touching his father... wraps his arms around his neck from behind and hangs on him, sometimes choking him, walks with his arm around his shoulder, squeezes or rubs...
  Posted
so our current middle child (12) seems to be having a hard time with life right now. she has no drive to better herself with anything. school, friends, family, or in her personal life. she is constantly being deceitful. she lies to us on...
  Posted
My fifteen year old son is out of control. He emotionally abuses my wife. He screams at her, calls her names and embarrasses in front of others. He gets good grades and doesn't get in trouble outside the home. I've taken his phone, games...
  Posted
15837381 tn?1443386909
Hello, I wondered what is happening to my daughter. Last summer she was 160 cm tall and weighed 52 kg, she really hated that, always screaming that she is fat. After Christmas she got IBS. She can't eat loot of foods because her stom...
  Posted
I have four children. My 17 year old boy is so disrespectful, he doesn't stay in school, he comes and goes as he pleases, he doesn't listen to me, doesn't help around the house, won't get a job! He curses at me and tells me I disrespect ...
  Posted
What to do with a son that thinks he has to answer to no one. My son came home a few weeks ago demanding that my husband and I change his curfew time. We told my son that at this time the curfew was staying as is. We explained to him...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Teens (12-17) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...