Aa
A
A
Close

Parenting Teens (12-17) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

61 - 80 (of 890) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Its all such a struggle. My boy of 12 have hit puberty early. He's taller than me already and has size 13 feet. He's a child in a mans body. We recently found out that he has been cutting himself and talking about committing suicide. ...
Mum99 | Last answer
Ok, so maybe this is typical teenage stuff.. But for the last few years, my youngest, now 15 seems to go out of her way to not communicate with me. If I walk into a room, she walks out, If I make comments to start a conversation, her r...
mommindy | Last answer
My 17 yr old son has attended a prestigious academy out of state for the past two years. My husband and I sent him there to learn leadership and better structure. He was too spoiled at home and became a master manipulator and a good liar...
Smwsmw | Last answer
I have a son who is almost 17. Most of the time, he is out with his friends, when he is in he does not leave his room whenever I try to talk with him he just answers with grunts. Although he is amsost 17, he shows no interest in girls ...
ijk9999 | Last answer
does anyone else have this problem? I'm at a loss! http://www.debriefdaily.com/lifestyle/living-with-teens/
Annabella23 | Posted
I just found out that my 15 year old daughter and her 16 year old boyfriend had sex for the first time recently in our home. They are not ever here alone but are allowed to be in her room with the door open. They did use protection thank...
Lucy1031 | Last answer
Just curious, has anyone heard of the WebSafety application for Android or IPhone? Supposedly great application for monitoring children's online presence to prevent predatory social media advances.
pdharten | Last answer
My 16 year old son, who has a learning disability as well as ADHD went for a visit to his dads and decided not to come home. Its killing me. I knew he wanted to try living there but we had discussed him finishing his school year. This...
dontknowhowtogoon | Last answer
My 16 year old son, who has a learning disability as well as ADHD went for a visit to his dads and decided not to come home. Its killing me. I knew he wanted to try living there but we had discussed him finishing his school year. This...
dontknowhowtogoon | Last answer
My daughter has been in her room for hours today. Not sure if I should "force" her out, which wouldn't be easy, to leave her room. I found her earlier with red marker designs all over her leg and curled up like she was hiding something...
dartes | Last answer
My 13 yr old cuts herself: 4 days ago, my life took a turn for the worse... I received a phone call from the school principal to let me know that another parent (not myself) noticed marks on my daughters arms that were consistent wit...
Punkie432 | Last answer
My 13 yr old cuts herself: 4 days ago, my life took a turn for the worse... I received a phone call from the school principal to let me know that another parent (not myself) noticed marks on my daughters arms that were consistent wit...
Punkie432 | Posted
My husband and I are at our wits end. We got full custody of my stepdaughter 4 years ago. Ever since she moved in she has stole from us. Usually it is stupid stuff but she has even went through my purse to steal and even used my keys to ...
cinnababe02 | Last answer
My daugther is 13 and has gained a lot of weight recently. She is 167cms tall, and weighs 60kg. She used to be fairly slim, but recently she has gotten very fat - her thighs have gotten thicker, and she now has a bit of a tummy (she used...
Ichigo888 | Last answer
As a parent what do you worry about most regarding electronic devices and online activities?
dppboss | Last answer
I have one daughter who is 15 yrs old. She is very pretty, really sweet, and has a big heart. She cares so much for other kids, that if one kids is being left out of somethings, she always makes sure that they get included. She is als...
concernedmon | Last answer
this is really weird but, my boyfriend came on his fingers, and he wiped off his ***. then he fingered me but he wasn't too sure that he had wiped off all the ***. i am still a virgin, but is it possible for me to be pregnant? please hel...
sim250 | Posted
What aspect of your teenager using technology and smartphones scares you the most?
dppboss | Posted
My son was going out with a girl who was not allowed to date and the gg would sneak around to see him. Once her parents dpund put she blamed my son and made seem like the attention was unwanted. Her parents have filed a restriction order...
yesismum | Last answer
Is 6 hrs per day of screen time reasonable for a 14 yr old boy and 16 yr old boy? If no limits were in place they would be on Xbox, computer, etc. Literally all waking hours.
icyblue999 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Teens (12-17) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...