Aa
A
A
Close

Parenting Young Adults (18-26) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting young adults (age 18-26), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, living away at college, and relationships.

1 - 20 (of 48) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm a single parent I know I make a mistake long time ago when I spoil her now I can't handle her sometimes I can't tell her to do anything to help me around just when she fell like doing she do she is in school ( college)not doing anyth...
  Posted
Long story short divorce family my daughter been brainwashed to hate me from a early break up age, from other side, very rude girl towards me and hes trained my neice to hate me as well nine years difference , i wish i had time to tell...
  Posted
17175264 tn?1454329751
Sorry this is going to be long but I'm so frustrated and just don't know what to do. History: So my youngest son has always been immature for his age. He has also always been extra emotional and not exactly grounded in logic. He is ...
  Posted
My stepdaughter who resides in our home refuses to give her mom/us her boyfriends address. Mom asked for addresses of all of her friends just in case of an emergency. She explained to her that if anything were to happen, we'd need to kno...
  Posted
I am the mom of 6 kids. Ages : 8, 12,18,20,22,26. An acquaintance told me back when my oldest 4 kids were little that these years are physically exhausting but the teen/young adult years are mentally & emotionally exhausting!!!! Boy...
  Posted
i am mother. is it right or wrong that my son 20 years old see my body when dressing or sleeping?
  Posted
So recently my 18 yr old daughter has been struggling with some mental health problems. Because of this she can frequently be intensely frustrating to deal with, and often winds up my husband, who is less patient than I am. Fairly regul...
  Posted
Hello my 22 year old daughter is approximately 3 months pregnant and acting completely crazy. She is accusing her mother of cheating on me which isn't true at all. She tells her sister that she won't be around her kid because she is an a...
  Posted
I was woke up this morning by my 19 year old daughter who was in tears saying she got a strange text from her brother who is almost 27 years old and lives on his own...He is my step son...her half brother. He moved out of our home at the...
  Posted
My husband got his daughter after a 22 yr separation, i never would think such things cause he thought me being a singl mom meant i had sex with my son. So untrue. Hes here for breakfast and dinner then bed. But she came down and me ans ...
  Posted
I have a niece who was raised by my single-mother sister and got out of control when she was 16. Now she is 20 and she hasn't started to make sense yet. She hasn't even finished High School even though she was academically smart. Th...
  Posted
My son is 25. He has suffered from extreme shyness and low self esteem (maybe it's more chronic like autism or aspbergers?) most of his life. I am guilty of overprotecting him but some of this he was born with too I believe. I had simil...
  Posted
My near relatives have problem in your personality, I need a best psychologist. please help
  Posted
My pitbull got excited and jumped on the bed with my newborn on it should I take him to the hospital? He cried for a minute where he was sleeping. But I don't see one mark on him that shows she actually touched him
  Posted
I don't really have a question per say, more of a statement, a story... I had 2 kids one girl and 4 yrs later a boy, got divorced and met my hubby now of 22 yrs ....he had 3 kids, and we had them every other weekend, things were tight ...
  Posted
So I have an 18 yr old who will be graduating this early June from highschool. He asked for a grad party which we agreed to celebrate. Now his biological father has never been around. My ex husband after the divorce hasn't really been pr...
  Posted
8761402 tn?1399821865
I let my 29 almost 30 year old son move in with me in February 2014 after my Husband passed away on February 21st. My son had back surgery about 3 weeks before my Husband passed away and his girlfriend broke up with him at the same time....
  Posted
I'm worried about my 15 yr old going too far with her boyfriend. How much time is normal to spend together at this age?
  Posted
7729616 tn?1393799092
Hi, I currently live with my boyfriend of 11 years but before I moved in with him I lived with my grandparents for most of my life (since I was 24, I am now 29). I left my job in 2012 due to health reasons. I haven't been in work sinc...
  Posted
5601615 tn?1383454216
My daughter is almost 5 months old I notice sometimes her left eye closes a bit while the other eye is completely open I only notice it once in awhile idk if I am being paranoid or if something's wrong in the meantime I made an eye dr ap...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Young Adults (18-26) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...