Aa
A
A
Close

Parenting Forum

Questions in the Parenting Forum are being answered by doctors from MindWorks. Topics include: Behavioral Issues - Discipline, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Recreation, School Issues, Social Development

1 - 20 (of 152) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Help me please! My daughter is 3 1/2. For the last year she has had a behavior problem that I don't know how to stop. Sometimes she will say she wants something: a toy, food, staying or leaving the bathtub, whatever. I will do it or prep...
  Posted
It became known that my friends 6-year-old son performed oral sex on a 3-year-old boy while at daycare. In addition to this, the 6 year-old has been fondled almost daily by a 9-year-old boy. It is very difficult to discuss the situatio...
  Posted
I have a 3 year old daughter who started exhibiting aggressive behavior at school. During after school care she is fine and responds to the teachers well. At home she is fine and likes to help take care of her 2 year old sister and has n...
  Posted
For the last 4 months, my 8 yr old boy has been fidgeting and playing with his hands excessively at all times. During football and basketball games, it appeared like he was spelling words in the are during games and practices... now dur...
  Posted
My daughter is 5 1/2 years old. For several months now my daughter has been having behavior issues. It seems to be escelating. Her behaviors include: squeezing paints on her brother and sister's beds and belongings, breaking up pieces o...
  Posted
My wife and I have a happy, loving 22 month old boy. My wife's parents live nearby and spend a lot of time with our son. Recently, however, we have received disturbing news: the 40-year old son of my wife's aunt (her mother's sister) cla...
  Posted
Hello, My daughter is 7 years old and in 2nd grade. She is the oldest of 3 children. My husband and I were recently called into my daughter's school for a meeting with the teacher and the school guidance counselor because they are ...
  Posted
Hi, I have a 9 yr old son (who will be turning 10 soon) whose biological father is not the father he knows to be his "real" father. Complicating this matter is that I am divorced and live (with my 2 children and now husband) several h...
  Posted
My son was recently caught playing a sex game with another 9yr old boy who was spending the night. This game included oral sex and more. He was taught this "game" by another child. We had talked to my son and thought he would never...
  Posted
I'm a divorced mother with a 5 year old boy. The father lives about a hour away from us and keeps coming in and out of our child's life. I believe it is hurting our boy. I use to drive and meet him half way every other week so my son ...
  Posted
I am very concerned about my (almost) 3 year olds recent behavior. when he was born, i had full custody until he was 2 years old. In October 2008, we went to court and the judge compltely reversed the custody arrangements because he sa...
  Posted
My daughter is almost 6 and just started first grade a couple week ago. She has always been a very happy, social, adaptable and low-maintenance child. She attended kindergarten at this same school last year. When she started first gr...
  Posted
10947 tn?1281407852
Normal vs. Abnormal Child and Adolescent Behavior? Thursday Apr 02, 2009, 03:00PM - 04:00PM (EST) Register for upcoming health chats: http://www.medhelp.org/health_chats/list_upcoming Do you have children or teenagers that are act...
  Posted
I have boy/girl twins they turned 7 in Nov. and are in the 2nd grade, they are 6mo behind their peers in age. They were both going to repeat the 2nd grade due to maturity reasons but now with 30 days left of the school year, my son is al...
  Posted
Our son is 4 years old and will turn 5 years old this coming May. For the last few months he has had tantrums at preschool. The teacher describes his tantrums as very long (lasting longer than 20 minutes at times). The tantrums usuall...
  Posted
My four year old son goes to pre school where his teachers say he does very well other than having problems following directions. He plays well with other children and is eager to help his teachers. However, at home he commonlywhines, ...
  Posted
My son is 12 years old and lives with the man he knows as his father, when we were divorced the judge asked me if i knew where the biological father was and since i didn't they granted my ex as the father and changed his last name to his...
  Posted
She started her pre-nursery in this school in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and then we moved to India where she continued her nursery and preparatory (LKG and UKG). Again we moved back to Riyadh after two years of stay in India, and we admitted ...
  Posted
I have 3 children, Savannah (8), Elizabeth (5) and Zachary (4), I need help and in a hurry!!!! My kids do not listen to anything I say to them! My 8 year old acts like the 5 and 4 year old and we believe she has ADHD and are checking wit...
  Posted
I am really in need of some help. My daughter who is 5 1/2 has completely digressed ever since she began Kindergarten. She was Very excited to go to school, but after a few days she began talking about wanting to be a baby and how she di...
  Posted
A
A
This Forum's Experts
521840 tn?1348844371
Rebecca Resnik & Associates PC
Bethesda, MD
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity