Aa
A
A
Close

Parenting Forum

Questions in the Parenting Forum are being answered by doctors from MindWorks. Topics include: Behavioral Issues - Discipline, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Recreation, School Issues, Social Development

41 - 60 (of 152) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My almost 7 year old stepson is having problems at his Mom's house (he is at our house 3 days per week). We have heard from his mother and stepfather that he has tantrums about every 3-4 weeks, were he yells, screams, and sometimes hits...
stpmom42 | Last answer
I've been a stepfather to both a stepson and stepdaughter for 2 years. My stepson is now 15. I have known my stepson for 7 years and over that time our relationship has been tough but over the past year has gotten much worse. In gen...
scs542 | Last answer
My 10 year old son is the youngest of 4. My 3 elder children are from my first marriage. My 10 year old is from my second marriage. I am divorced from his father, who is a non-recovering alcoholic. He has infrequent contact with his Dad....
evertheoptimist | Last answer
Actually he is my fiances son and we are not married, but we do live together. The child is 10 years old and is moody to the extreme of being violent at times for no apparent reason towards me and makes up stories of things I said or don...
Janita60 | Last answer
My daughter is 8. I often walk in on her petting her perineum area. I have been told that children are curious with their bodies and that you should not make them feel shameful about self exploration, but tell them that they should go ...
bartelby | Last answer
We were speaking to a friend tonight who was sharing that his ten year old daughter witnessed MANY things when his ex-wife had custody of their children. His exwife was a drug user and allowed the toddler aged children to witness sexual...
deecanta | Last answer
My five year old son was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, ODD and Anxiety last year after he was BAKER ACTED for saying he wanted to kill himself. They started and currently have him taking Zoloft 25mg and Metadate 10mg, they are not working. W...
Sue438 | Last answer
We just completed our week of surviving and getting our life back to normal from Hurricane Ike. I am aware that alot of people were under alot of stress. However even before this tragic event my son has shown " poor me " signs. Nobody li...
shellyrash | Last answer
I have been living with my step son for over a year now and he totally looses control when I come in and discipline him for bad behavior. Because his mother is not with his dad no more she spoiled him to where he wakes up every night and...
Freshsocks | Last answer
My 6 year old daughter is, and always has been, very strong minded. In the past year her anger has escalated. A few examples include hurting herself (biting, scratching), emotional meltdowns, outbursts, etc. She says hurtful things to...
looch40 | Last answer
521937_tn?1212085155
How does a family cope when your child is either born with a complication, or develops one later? Especially if you're a single mom or dad. A friend of mine was telling me how hard it was to take care of his only child, while his wife wa...
Hand2Hand | Posted
I have noticed that my son is having problems at school. It is week 3 of first grade and so many things are happening. He is not mean but tends to get off task. In three weeks the following things have happened. At his back to school nig...
TKCLUVBUGS | Last answer
My son will be 4 years old next week and he is a loving, caring and super smart kid. He has always been in a daycare setting (since he was 5 months old). Never have received complaints, however, for the past month he is just misbehavin...
Lourdes1 | Last answer
I am currently going through a divorce and have a 2 1/2 year old boy. We are trying our best to minimize the effects that the porcess will have on our child. I have been told that it is recommended that the child stay in one house on a...
just76 | Last answer
Hi there, I will make this direct, and see if anyone has any advice. We have a happy 6 year old whom is healthy, friendly, very active, social girl. She Started Grade 1 French Immersion, 2 weeks ago. Ive receieved a note from th...
mickey606 | Last answer
Hello, My 2 1/2 year old very active and aggressive son has just started preschool. He seems pushing there a lot as per the teacher. His behavior has become worse. Also he is not sleeping at all at night. From Wednesday he has a c...
sg64 | Last answer
My husband and I are having a difficult time finding a method of discipline which will work for our 4 1/2 year old son. I am his step-mom and the only mother he has ever know. His paternal grandmother was helping to raise him after his...
his_mommy | Last answer
My daughter's pediatrician told her not to give her my granddaughter milk, she is two years old. She has had a problem eating but now she is eating pretty good. I just cannot understand a pediatrician telling her that milk is for baby ...
Nancy773 | Last answer
619960_tn?1221425715
My Family just moved From Michigan to Texas and my daughter has got unmanageable She Screams She throws tempers She crys when i take her to school she is WONDERFUL once she is in school she is wonderful at "friends house's" Its just at h...
jcbaldrica | Last answer
596874_tn?1219890904
I have 3 boys and my middle one is probably one of the hardest kids to deal with. I come from a HUGE family, so I have more than enough experience with kids. About Josh, extremly hyper, doesnt listen at all really, if I tell him to sto...
mommy522 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank