Aa
A
A
Close

Parenting Forum

Questions in the Parenting Forum are being answered by doctors from MindWorks. Topics include: Behavioral Issues - Discipline, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Recreation, School Issues, Social Development

61 - 80 (of 152) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm sorry if this is long but I am greatly concerned about my 12 YO daughter. She is polite and never yells or talks back, seemingly a very sweet girl, but it's all superficial. I know that pre-teens and teens can be difficult, but she...
Watching1 | Last answer
My son is 5 1/2 years old. We have always had a problem with him using the toilet for bowel movements, but it was usually when he was playing outdoors, and he never fulled pooped his pants. They were more like streaks in underpants. H...
puetz | Last answer
My dauther was potty trained during the day at 33 months (night time she had pull-ups), For the past 3 months (she is 39 months now) she is back in diapers and or pull ups during the day because of constant wetting and bowel movements i...
linda611 | Last answer
My daughter is 6yo old; in the first grade. She is described as a "bright, sweet girl" but . . . She is prone to these temper tantrum/rages. If she doesn't get what she wants, if she hears a no, if she has to wait on something, if she...
mommiegeek | Last answer
I just found out that my 11 1/2 year old step son asked my 9 year old nephew to play girl while he played boy. They then proceed to kiss eachother's necks and my step son made my nephew promise not to say anything. Is this normal?
Tati68 | Last answer
My 5 year old son (turns 6 in 2 months) has always been a delightful child. For the past 5 years, I've told him if all kids were like him, I'd have 100 kids. He's just a joy, or was until about 6 weeks ago. For the past 6 weeks, a cou...
sailfrosty | Last answer
603015_tn?1329866573
Hi My 8 year old girl has always been a difficult child since birth, until she was three we were told she had milk and soya intolerance, she used to cry for hours and clench her tummy, her mood seem to run in cycles, good one week, terri...
hell1971 | Last answer
My 7 1/2 year old son is bright. He does well in academics and is in a grade higher reading group at school. He does reasonably well with sports/playing with a team et cetera. He does not like school however saying that it is long and bo...
pam106 | Last answer
For the past two or three weeks, my grandson has been screaming and crying and refusing to go to sleep in his own room. He has kept his parents awake most of the night. I suspect he is jealous of his three month old brother, who sleeps...
gayleofutah | Last answer
My 4.5 year old adopted son is still exibiting signs of attachment problems and I believe we need a therapist or someone to help us with our parenting and our discipline skills. Things have gotten a lot better over the last 12 - 18 mont...
twin_mom | Last answer
My three year old is driving me crazy! For no apparent reason out of the blue she will take one of her toys or books and smash it or rip it up and say "Now it's ruined!" She gets a time-out but doesn't seem to care. Today she flushed my ...
dina123 | Last answer
607705_tn?1220369144
I have three children my two boys who are ages five and one are from my first marriage and my daughter who is six months from my current boyfriend. My boyfriend and I are always fighting about how to parent the children. He thinks I don'...
onetwothreefour | Last answer
I am the mother of 20 month old quintuplets, born at 31 weeks. Since birth, my husband and I have been diligent about having them followed by developmental and occupational therapists, including speech therapists, in order to ensure that...
qmom | Last answer
Hello, Could you please tell me what is normal 11 year old boy behaviour. My son tends to get angry over little things and then it usual ends up with us fighting. He yells and carries on and just recently he has started swearing at ...
smurrrf | Last answer
My husband and I adopted our son at birth. We are a happy family and are very blessed. Our 11-year-old son was diagnoised with a learning disorder several years ago. He also has some ADHD sympthoms which he takes medication for. He m...
WorriedMomofson | Last answer
Hi there Just a question about my 4 and a half year old daughter. She gets extremelty emotional over the slightest things for example not giving her the right coloured cup or plate. We probably have around 7 tantrums a day. She also h...
apeach500 | Last answer
I have a nine year old who is constantly lying to me about changing his underwear every morning. I would first tell him to dress for the day and remind him to change his underwear. I would then ask him if he put clean underwear on and hi...
mommy2815 | Last answer
My 3 yr old puts everything in his mouth despite me asking him to take it out of his mouth. Also, he is very stubborn and when I ask him to do something, we end up having a staring match to see who will break and give in, and eventually,...
tiredmom0517 | Last answer
my 7 month son went for his second set of shots the same ones they gave him when he was five months. its been 3 days and hes still really cranky and fussy. i looked at his leg and its bright red spot when i touch the spot its as hard as ...
kalmkidd | Last answer
If mom is sad and angry all the time does that reflect on how a three year old will behave. Because after all is all they want to make mom happy? My daughter in law is very unhappy even to the point of saying she does't care if her son ...
nana1023 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now