Aa
A
A
Close

Parkinson’s Disease Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

21 - 40 (of 501) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Dear All, I am writing on behalf of a friend of mine who recently informed me that has Parkinson. We have the same age, 35, and we grow up together and of course this shocked me very badly. He informed me that our own region, Sici...
  Posted
11371651 tn?1417632432
I'm a 31 male. All this for me started Oct 1st, it first started with a twitching (not tremor) right index finger, which stop after a couple of days but then my right hand started to become tight and painful, sometimes it was as if I cou...
  Posted
1184460 tn?1273989830
Lately I have been experiencing some symptoms that have me a little bit concerned. To give you a quick history on me- I am a young, fit, 24 year old male. I am 6 feet tall and weight 210 pounds. Past medical issues include tonsillectomy ...
  Posted
My husband has Parkinson, SAIDH, Tremor in Brain - now he has a hole in his tongue and can't eat and I'm wondering if this is a side effect from the Parkinson? Thanks
  Posted
I have symptoms that are related to both parkinsons and akathisia. more toward akathisia. I have random muscle movements, a full body tremor that feels like it is originating in the center of my body and its similar to torture because it...
  Posted
About a year ago I started experiencing some strange symptoms which may or may not be related. They do not occur every day, and are worse at times than others. I visited a neurologist who said that because my mother had essential t...
  Posted
My mother, 88, has been diagnosed with Parkinson's and is rapidly declining. We have tried to adjust several of her medications but she just seems to get weaker and weaker. I have read that people are always very tired with this diseas...
  Posted
Hi I'm in my 6th year with pd . Since I have been put on stalevo as I was on sinemet for 5 years .i am short of breath when I speak and when I am having a meal it's very tiring as I can't swallow . I do not want to see any more doctors ...
  Posted
Parkinson's suffers usually have problems with constipation, I don't, I like prunes and dried dates and if not careful will eat too many. I also consume half a liter of unsweetened orange juice with pulp, a banana a tub of yogurt and 40m...
  Posted
My father was diagnosed with PD at age of 83...4 yrs ago. The disease is taking its toll. One of the more intolerable symptoms are cold sweats nightly. Interrupting sleep having to change out of wet pajamas sometimes twice a night. A...
  Posted
i'm twenty-two, female, living with mild hemiplegic cerebral palsy that affects my right side and causes severe anxiety. about a week and a half ago, i noticed a dull pain in my left shoulder (my dominant side): it was clicking and popp...
  Posted
I could benefit from a guide dog. Parkinson's and vision imvolvement make my walking somewhat difficult at times. How would I go about signing up.
  Posted
I suffer from anxiety and depression. My husband has Parkinson's. How can I handle his choices of driving or doing dangerous work? I can't control all his actions. He is an extremely stubborn person. To what degree am I responsible for w...
  Posted
Diagnosed April 2014. Just started to notice breathing issues. Feel as though I am not getting enough oxygen . I don't get winded going up and down stairs but rather feel I am lacking energy. When I go out somewhere I find this males me ...
  Posted
I have been experiencing health issues for the past almost two years. I am 21 years old and symtoms i have been experiencing are ...
  Posted
Diagnosed with PD 2001 at 63 yo. Started on meds 2012 as I was getting very weak - 100 mg Sinemet x 3/d. Helped with tremors an strength for one yr. Then started crashing within 1.5 hrs. Started taking 1 x100 every hour starting at noon ...
  Posted
Why does Haldol crash a Parkinsons patient and cause death, should a doctor ever give haldol to a pd patient to calm him?
  Posted
Hello, I am a 28 yr old male and have been having some complications that have been confusing me. Over the past year, I have begun to get electric zap sensations in my brain that leave me feeling confused, dazed, and with dizzy bouts of ...
  Posted
I have noticed left hand / finger tremors couple years ago. They come and go I do not notice them but other people and family members have. Im not sure what it might be and have not asked my doctor about them. Maybe its anxiety, lack of ...
  Posted
I have been seeing a neurologist for 3 years. I have been worked up for MS repeatedly. I have visual issues, balance issues, tremors, muscle rigidity mostly all one sided. I have developed bladder issues as well. I have clear MRIs. Brain...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parkinson’s Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...