Aa
A
A
Close

Pathology: Diagnostic Forum

Welcome to the Diagnostic Pathology Forum. We realize that pathology reports can be difficult to understand. This forum will give you a place to ask your personal questions and receive answers from a board-certified expert. The goal of this forum is helping patients understand what their diagnosis means, including types of cancer and staging. We believe that this knowledge will allow for a more informed decision concerning their health and well-being. WHAT IS PATHOLOGY?: Pathology is the study of disease. Pathologists are doctors who make a diagnosis by examining tissues and body fluids. These findings are combined with other information, including the radiological and physical exam findings, to help determine the extent of disease and develop a treatment strategy.”

1 - 20 (of 91) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have recently done my wife's (28+ yrs) TSH test in couple of labs (both are well reputed), one of which it was slightly above normal & in another it was much less than the upper limit. 1) Result# 1: TSH - 4.95 (Range < 4.2) 2) Resu...
saikatde | Posted
As far as I can remember, my dad has been meaner than fathers in my town. He cussed at me,my sister.and mom. He calls me and my sister a ***** if we make him mad. Like he'll say "Shut the hell up" , he has spells where he just stares off...
blackrosei | Posted
1475202_tn?1388955435
Hello John, It's great to see how well your community has come. Once again I wonder if you wouldn't mind putting into layman's terms the findings of my CT scan, primarily #2 "The liver is diffusely heterogeneously enhancing." Thanks ...
rpooo | Posted
For the past 6 months I have had pain in my right shoulder, right where it joints it seems. I have laid off on any strenuous activities but it is still there, some days worse than others. I have occasional pain when lifting if I have to ...
imrianec | Last answer
Hello, I'm new here and had a question on a high CPK blood test. First a little back ground on me. I'm a 37yr old male, active, 5'-8" 155lbs and love running/working out. I was running 4 days a week and would alternate a little str...
Csi09 | Last answer
My sister battled thyroid cancer in 2012 and was diagnosed with Melanoma Stage IIC, which they said was the worse form of melanoma, in May of 2013. She had the wide excision surgery and sentinel node biopsy and they seem to have gotten a...
Amaranto22 | Last answer
MY LAB RESULTS RBC-low HGB-low HCT-low WBC-Normal Everything else in CBC report are in normal ranges. TIBC-486 ug/dl- high Ferritin- 6.4 ng/ml- low All electrolytes and trace elements are in normal ranges. Creatinine- 0....
praj06 | Last answer
8524368_tn?1398531538
My CD8-CD57+ Lymphs were tested in January, 2014 and were 10. The normal range is supposed to be 60-360. They were just tested again last week and are now 7! My monocytes are at 3, which was the only other red flag in my general blood...
JenSRQ | Last answer
A scan 2years ago showed a 3m noncalcified module in the upper right lung. A recent scan showed2 more noncalcified nodules in the same upper right lobe. Because theyare small and I am a nonsmokers should I not be concerned?
mchesney | Last answer
I was diagnosed with hep C about 10 years ago and have never been sick a day in my life since. I've been told that whilst I do still carry the anti bodies for the disease ( innertly, apparently) I'm perfectly healthy and non contageous...
PatsyAsInAbFabPatsy | Last answer
A scan 2years ago showed a 3m noncalcified module in the upper right lung. A recent scan showed2 more noncalcified nodules in the same upper right lobe. Because theyare small and I am a nonsmokers should I not be concerned?
mchesney | Last answer
About mid March I rolled my ankle before a party... The pain was sharp but I went anyway. The swelling got really bad and I used the RICE method for about a week and it was functional but still hurts. Every now and then after a day of se...
Brokeup12 | Last answer
My mother (age: 55+ yrs) is a patient of Hypothyroidism. She had Goiter earlier, for which she had undergone surgery in Jan, 2000, due to which one full & another half of her thyroid glands were removed. She currently takes Eltroxin 50mc...
saikatde | Last answer
The pathology test shows negative for malarial parasite. The blood reports shows Erythrocytes 5.73, MCH 24.9, MCV 82.6, MCHC 30.2,MPV 13.70. All these are higher then normal range. Other results are leucocytes count 9490, Haemoglobin 14....
akd57 | Last answer
About mid March I rolled my ankle before a party... The pain was sharp but I went anyway. The swelling got really bad and I used the RICE method for about a week and it was functional but still hurts. Every now and then after a day of se...
Brokeup12 | Last answer
if IBC isn't usually found on mammogram, but is found on mammogram, what are the odds that it is correct? I'm sitting on a surgeons waiting list now for over a week, and my mind is insane!
TammyGustin | Last answer
Lumbar disk shows mild dehydration with no loss of disk height. There is mild generalized facet joint hypertrophy. At L4/5 there is mall disk bulge containing an annular tear. There is no nerve compromise. Within T12 and L1 vertebrae ...
Maga71m | Last answer
I've had a sore throat since last monday 9/6/2014,my fever was really low and lasted only till tuesday so i didnt go to the doctor,i went on friday and was prescribed clarithromycine 500mg one pill every 12 hours.I started this on friday...
Steliosgr18 | Last answer
Hello! I have a question on behalf of a dear friend from Nepal (26/m) who unfortunately fell sick. Since access to medical treatment and diagnosis especially is not only limited but also expensive, we would appreciate an assessment. ...
nilaka | Last answer
Hello. I have been not in good health for past several years. Muscle weakness/cramping , fatigue , headaches , cognitive issues , urinary and eye issues. I'm 35 And these issues seem to be getting worse each year. I had spinal tap ...
Juttin3 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now