Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Pediatric Endocrinology Forum
Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.
1 - 20 (of 461) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
our daughter shows no signs of early puberty other than an odor we happened upon. but the other day my wife said her armpit had a bad sme...
19 answers |
We have a referral to a pediatric endocrinologist for our 2 (almost 3) year old son. His symptoms are concerning me in the mean time and ...
2 answers |
Hello, I am VERY concerned about my daughter. In the last month (at 5 3/4 years old) she has developed breast buds and complained tha...
4 answers |
Dear Doctors, I am the mother of three beautiful girls and I am from Saudi Arabia, my eldest daughter has started her first period on her...
4 answers |
My 16 year old son is 5'5 (and very worried). The doctor has told us that his x-ray (wrist) shows that his growth plates are fused. Is ...
5 answers |
Dear Doctor, My son is 13 years old and we took him to a Hospital for bone scans. The dotor said basically said that there was nothin...
12 answers |
My son started early puberty at age 7 (pubic hair, acne, body odor) - I think it's actually called andrache and not acutally precocious ...
2 answers |
I have an 8 and half year old girl, with a bone age that is about 10 and half years old. She is at the 40th percentile for her chronologi...
13 answers |
My daughter had a bone age of 11 years at the age of 9 and put on Lupron. She is now 10 years old and and has been taking it for about 7...
2 answers |
My 6 years old daughter started having symptoms of Precocious Puberty (premature adrenarche) about a year ago, when she was 5, first ther...
6 answers |
180483 tn?1229532768
My daughter is 6 years old has body odor, some pubic hair and developing breasts. She's been to a pediatric endocrinologist w/ a full bl...
9 answers |
My 11 year old daughter was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's. We were having her checked for constipation and several month later, this wa...
4 answers |
Hi, My son is 15y/o 5'2" . His hand x-ray shows 17.5y/o, radial bone is still open but lunar bone fused. We took his knee x-ray and almo...
3 answers |
My nephew mentioned to me today that his daughter who is about two years old, has angel syndrome. He said, that the neurologist did notga...
2 answers |
177505 tn?1220445858
my son is 5 years old, he is about 45 inches tall and weighs about 45 lbs. this is going to be probably the strangest question you've ...
2 answers |
My son had xrays of his hands done because the doctor was concerned about his height being so short. In the first year, he went from bei...
7 answers |
My 11 year old granddaughter has an "enlarged thyroid with multiple masses around it" according to the Dr and a scan report - what is it?...
5 answers |
I have a daughter who is 9 years old. She started pubertyPuberty and adolescence when she was 7, when I saw the (she was growing Breast l...
8 answers |
I am a 21 year old male with delayed puberty (I think?) I still have wet dreams, I look extremely young for my age, I dont have much musc...
3 answers |
My son is now 10.5yrs. The history is long but about 6months old he stopped gaining weight. He continued to decline & slip milestones. We...
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now