Aa
A
A
Close
Pediatric Endocrinology Forum
Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.
1 - 20 (of 461) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
our daughter shows no signs of early puberty other than an odor we happened upon. but the other day my wife said her armpit had a bad sme...
21 answers |
We have a referral to a pediatric endocrinologist for our 2 (almost 3) year old son. His symptoms are concerning me in the mean time and ...
2 answers |
Hello, I am VERY concerned about my daughter. In the last month (at 5 3/4 years old) she has developed breast buds and complained tha...
4 answers |
Dear Doctors, I am the mother of three beautiful girls and I am from Saudi Arabia, my eldest daughter has started her first period on her...
4 answers |
My 16 year old son is 5'5 (and very worried). The doctor has told us that his x-ray (wrist) shows that his growth plates are fused. Is ...
5 answers |
Dear Doctor, My son is 13 years old and we took him to a Hospital for bone scans. The dotor said basically said that there was nothin...
12 answers |
My son started early puberty at age 7 (pubic hair, acne, body odor) - I think it's actually called andrache and not acutally precocious ...
2 answers |
I have an 8 and half year old girl, with a bone age that is about 10 and half years old. She is at the 40th percentile for her chronologi...
13 answers |
My daughter had a bone age of 11 years at the age of 9 and put on Lupron. She is now 10 years old and and has been taking it for about 7...
2 answers |
My 6 years old daughter started having symptoms of Precocious Puberty (premature adrenarche) about a year ago, when she was 5, first ther...
6 answers |
180483 tn?1229532768
My daughter is 6 years old has body odor, some pubic hair and developing breasts. She's been to a pediatric endocrinologist w/ a full bl...
11 answers |
My 11 year old daughter was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's. We were having her checked for constipation and several month later, this wa...
4 answers |
Hi, My son is 15y/o 5'2" . His hand x-ray shows 17.5y/o, radial bone is still open but lunar bone fused. We took his knee x-ray and almo...
3 answers |
My nephew mentioned to me today that his daughter who is about two years old, has angel syndrome. He said, that the neurologist did notga...
2 answers |
177505 tn?1220445858
my son is 5 years old, he is about 45 inches tall and weighs about 45 lbs. this is going to be probably the strangest question you've ...
2 answers |
My son had xrays of his hands done because the doctor was concerned about his height being so short. In the first year, he went from bei...
7 answers |
My 11 year old granddaughter has an "enlarged thyroid with multiple masses around it" according to the Dr and a scan report - what is it?...
5 answers |
I have a daughter who is 9 years old. She started pubertyPuberty and adolescence when she was 7, when I saw the (she was growing Breast l...
8 answers |
I am a 21 year old male with delayed puberty (I think?) I still have wet dreams, I look extremely young for my age, I dont have much musc...
3 answers |
My son is now 10.5yrs. The history is long but about 6months old he stopped gaining weight. He continued to decline & slip milestones. We...
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now