Aa
A
A
Close
Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum
Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .
1 - 20 (of 128) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, Over the last couple of months I noticed that the veins on my hands, arms, legs and feet have become more prominent. It started wi...
12 answers |
Iam almost fifty years old. Recently I noticed that the pulse in my right neck vien is visible. Is this a sign of heart disease.
4 answers |
I am concerned as I have had a pinched nerve or compression. My right leg and foot feel heavy,weak&numb.I have chronic pain.My right foot...
2 answers |
I had sugery in Oct 06 for colon cancer. During surgery, I had multiple organ failure (heart, lungs, liver, kidney) and also had septic ...
8 answers |
Hi!! I am writing for my mother age 68 . She recently underwent a CT scan for abdominal pain and a 11 mm Splenic Artery Aneurysm (in the...
2 answers |
I am a 30 year old healthy male that was involved in a horrible accident. I was diagnosed with a dissected aorta. I had partial clotting ...
3 answers |
My father died at 40 due to 2 ruptured brain aneurysms. My paternal grandfather died of abdominal aneurysm. Myhusband's father died of a ...
1 answer |
At Rheumotolgists appt in early Jan 2011, tech could not obtain BP in left arm, 120/80 in right arm. Nothing more said. Over the weeks,...
4 answers |
In June of 2010 I was diagnosed with Chronic DVT . The cardiologist stated I had Blood Clots and need to start coumadin immediately. I wa...
1 answer |
I am a 62-yr. old woman who was suffering from extreme fatigue as my primary complaint. I won't go into all the boring details, but it t...
1 answer |
Our 23 year old daughter was diagnosed with DVT in September 2008 following surgery. She was on warfarin for 8 months and then had some ...
3 answers |
I have had numbness tingling and burning in my left foot on and off for about a year now. I have been checked for diabetes and had one te...
1 answer |
Over the past two weeks or so I've noticed a strange pulsating feeling in my right thigh (right of center about 6 inches above knee). It...
1 answer |
Hello, If a peice of clot was to break off from a clot in a small vein, and this now 'free' clot was the size of a capillary artery. ...
1 answer |
I'm a 30 yr old male suffering from a pulmonary embolism which was found a week ago. It started with afib which they say caused the blood...
2 answers |
My 80 year old mother had an unexpected illness which required three weeks hospitalization. During this time, it was almost impossible t...
1 answer |
My husband has severe PAD with the superficial femoral artery occlusion the entire length in his left leg (angiogram results) with first ...
1 answer |
Doctor, I am seeing a DR. for this problem but having hard time getting results, here's my latest: I had ultrasound for my vessels and t...
7 answers |
I believe I have the rare condition Erythromelalgia (EM). Symptoms started around age 20, abt 11 yrs ago. Initially experienced tingling ...
4 answers |
I am 56 yr old female. I had a open mitral valvotomy done 20 years back. I have been on heart medication since with normal annual exams. ...
2 answers |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank