Aa
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

41 - 60 (of 128) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello I'am very concern with My health. I recently had a ct scan which revealed several issues concerning Me. a left adrenal nodule measuring 26mm, likely to represent an adenoma. The Doc. or His Nurse was not going to reveal this info. ...
  Posted
My father needs to lower his cholesterol, but Statins cause him significant muscle problems (Myositis) and elevated Creatine Kinase CPK and Aldalase. His symptoms resolve and tests return to normal when the Statins are discontinued. ...
  Posted
I'm 37, (66", 170 lbs), mother of 5 and have never had any health problems. Over the past few months, at different times during the day my feet become discolored, usually a dusky reddish purple, and my toes feel swollen, slight cramping...
  Posted
RAS
I have always had normal blood pressure, 110-120/60-70 until the last few months. My pressure suddenly went up to 150-170/90-110 sometime between March and May of this year. My doctor put me on 160mg Diovan, and the pressure has decrease...
  Posted
hi was found w/60% blockage on lad w/had cath...doctor didn'tdo nothing..my friend had balloon...an a cleaning out plaque w/drill are laser..is this possible...my doc wants to but me on statins an blood pressuremeds the med ...altace m...
  Posted
Hi. I have been having this problem for a long time and it gets worse with time. I basically had shortness of breath, back pain,feeling of phlegm some 4 months ago. Went to a doc and he said that it was Post Nasal Drip problem. Did a Ig...
  Posted
i have been having bad pain in my joints for the last year now, i went to the doctor and had blood tests done for several different things, the doc says i dont have any diseases but i have high blood platelets, is that what could be caus...
  Posted
Hello for the past 7 days I have been experiencing muscle fasciculations under my left breast. At first I was getting them in my right shoulder as well but that went away after 2 days. However the sensations in the 2 different locations ...
  Posted
519096 tn?1219943811
my question is as follows; diagnosed with temporal arteritis, symtoms are, head ake left side of head, face pain, left side, sore left eye, jaw sore, eye left side, temple sore, upper back, very sore from shoulder to shoulder. sweatin...
  Posted
I get sharp pains that come and go in my upper left chest, sometimes in my shoulder, and in my elbow. I also feel tingling in my lips and in my cheek. I have felt a very sharp pain in the center of my chest lasts for about 2 to 3 seconds...
  Posted
The doctor said everything was fine I just needed to walk more. The stress test was over in five minutes I was out of breath in three. The neurologist said I had a few spots on my brain and some bulging disc in my neck emg look normal b...
  Posted
530482 tn?1212905419
MY ques. is:What can I do for RLS,I have had this for almost 20yrs.and I can't handle it anymore,yes I'm seeing a doc. but she is just a DO.and she's doing I guess all she can,but it's not enough for me,I take Requip and Iron,V-b12,pain ...
  Posted
I just took a blood test and my Cholesterol results are T Cholesterol 177 HDL 104 LDL 60 Tri 65 I have been taking Lipitor 10 mg for about 1 month and Zetia for about 1 year. My report of 4/1 showed T Cholesterol 192 HDL 92 L...
  Posted
I'm a 22 yr old male and for the past 6 months I've been having a very localized intermittent headache in the very same spot it started 6 months ago. It was present for 2 months, went away for 2 months, and is now back and has been prese...
  Posted
I was recently diagnosed with an inoperable spontaneous intracranial cartoid dissection. I have a clot behind the dissection that makes it touch and go for an infarction. I see a neurologist, cardiologist, and a pain management special...
  Posted
I am 63 years old diabetic I returned from a long 11 hour (7 hr plus delays) flight from Europe in January . i was experiencing leg ,knee pain which I attributed to bad knee arthritis ,tried to control it with Motrin. Recently (month...
  Posted
My mom is suffering from cancer. It started with just a stomach pain in November of last year. Doctors did a CTScan and they said it was an ulcer. Then a month later, after all the medication given to her, it wasn't working and her stom...
  Posted
AM A 70 YEAR-OLD FEMALE. EIGHTEEN MONTHS AGO I FINISHED 6 MONTHS OF CHEMO FOR COLON CANCER. EVER SINCE, I HAVE HAD NUMB FINGERTIPS AND NUMB LEGS FROM MY KNEES DOWN TO THE BOTTOMS OF BOTH FEET. I AM NOT IN PAIN BUT I HAVE HEAVINESS...
  Posted
During a health screening, my ABI was 1.36 on each leg, and I was referred to my doctor because it was abnormal (on the high side). An subsequent ultrasound at a women's heart clinic resulted in resting ABIs bilaterally being 1.2 on the...
  Posted
I am a 19 yr old female, 5'4'' 115 lbs, typically classified as petite. Over the last few months i have noticed this extreme pulsating in my upper abdomen, between my rib cage, towards the left side. Sometimes when i lay down it will pul...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now