Aa
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

61 - 80 (of 128) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I was diagnosed a week and a half ago with a chronic DVT. I had an ultrasound. The technologist let me see it. I have good blood flo around it. My GP is treating it with coumadin. He thinks it was there in Feb. when I had an ult...
patti77 | Last answer
I have been dx with Lupus Anticoagulant Disease. I take Lovenox 100mg bid as coumadin does not work for me. With coumadin I have been as high dose as 35mg and continued to make clots. I had emergency surgery to remove a 14 inch blood ...
kimosavie | Last answer
522137_tn?1212098676
I have Cryoglobulinemia, Vasculits, Neuropatjy and Myoclonus. I've been dx with a 100% blocked in my leg. Could this be from the vasculits or is it hereditary as my mother had the same blockage as well a my brother. Also what is the usu...
Jennie54 | Last answer
I saw my cardiologist today for a routine visit. I am 47 year old female with a history of PVC's, PAC's and IST. Both the doctor and the nurse noted on the exam that they could feel my aorta pulsating in my abdomen. They didn't seem t...
flowergirl2060 | Last answer
is there a cure for peripheral neuropathy?
jim187 | Last answer
Hi - I am a 29 yr old female with a history of coarctation of aorta, repaired 15 yrs ago. I also have a bicuspid aortic valve which is unrepaired. I have been seeing a physical therapist for the past 3 months for a headache which wo...
Kim867 | Last answer
I have had fasculations in my calves for several years. In addition I am now experiencing tingling in my upper legs, arms, sides and even face at times. It is affecting my sleep. I seemed almost numb this morning. I have a concern th...
JE2842 | Last answer
In 1997 I had a prolactinoma pituitary tumor removed. The tumor was hard in nature an had to be "chipped" away. Surgery lasted 8 hours, versus the 3.5 they anticipated. Due to the texture of the tumor, the surgeon was concerned the tum...
cschiele | Last answer
I was recently diagnosed with Erythromelalgia by a Dermatologist. (This was not the purpose of the consultation; I also have Raynaud's, lichen planus, and have had erythema nodosum, now resolved.) The Dermatologist has not recommended ...
nnyl | Last answer
I have MVP my regurgation is moderately severe According to my last echo my roght heart chambers are normal in size,wall thickness and contractility. No pericatdial fluid. The mitral valve shiws severe posterior annulus calcification w...
Kaliffa | Last answer
I just had my aorta replaced from my kidneys into both legs. I am a 39 year old female. The surgeon mentioned that my aorta had a small amount of plaque but the problem was that the actual aorta was smaller than usual so it was almost ...
jenweinhandl | Last answer
can heaviness in moving or standing in the limb affected by stroke be caused by blockage of arteries or does it always manifest itself by burning feeling when walking only ,should i do a duplex on the limbs?
boubi | Last answer
How do I find a surgeon that will give a second opinion, this prob has been going on for over four years?
shacko | Last answer
My DH is a 53, quit smoking 8 months ago. 5 months ago stent was placed for PAD. Five days Post op, vertigo set in. It was so bad we went to the ER. They drew blood, checked BP laying down, sitting and then standing (there was some fluc...
TriciaS56 | Last answer
Could you tell me about what choices are out there for a by-pass (Subclavian Artery) using man-made material or possible pig artery? How long will they last? Why would a doctor want to use part of me when I have already had 4 left/1 ri...
SHYPENNY | Last answer
I have AFIB and blood pressure that is very extreme high to low. Of course there are normal reading days also. Should the blood pressure be treated first or the AFIB
bevy913 | Last answer
I have diagnose of mitral valve sclerosis, could you help me to have an awareness of what mitral valve sclerosis means, and what can i do to cure it?
sally231 | Last answer
My father has had sciatic nerve pain off & on for several years. Sometimes he actually goes into shock due to the pain. He also has minor TIAs on occasion, but no blockage is ever detected. Is it possible that there is a connection bet...
OKCFIDDLE | Last answer
dr, i have been having pains in my neck, sudden pains, that do not last long, but come frequently at diffrent times. im afraid its my artery, what could this be?
worrywort206 | Last answer
Dear dr. Kirksey I posted before re. factor V Leiden and DVT. In a few weeks, I have to take two consecutive 10+ hour flights. I want to wear compression stockings, because of my risk factors. I have some varicose veins as well. Can I ...
Jesse1188 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank