Aa
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

81 - 100 (of 128) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Last 3 days I'm getting sharp pain on my left side chest while breathing. I have asthma for the last 10 years . wheezing occurrence only when i had cold (thick flum on my chest). Frequently i god infected with cold . i had medcine for ...
vijaymyr | Last answer
Im not even sure if i can post this here but i guess i have nothing to lose. I have been to my doctor for the past 5 months with extreme dizzyness, pressure all over my head, a feeling that im losing blood to my head(u knoe the feeling ...
so_confused83 | Last answer
I dont even know if I can post this here but here it goes. About 6 months ago out of nowhere I got pain in my chest, went to the hospital and all tests done on my heart were ok. Since then I have had a horrible ringing in my right ear ...
weird_symptoms | Posted
264233_tn?1216345915
i had a cardiac cath today at the va hosp in my area and was told that i have blockages, two at 50-60% blockage and one that is at 70% blockage. the 70% one was describe as an artery that arches up over the left side of my heart and the...
kcrandy | Last answer
Im laying in a hospital bed at Baylor All Saints Hospital in Plano Tx. Im on a transplant list right now they have me on a heart pump until I get a transplant or I should say IF i get one. I am 21 years old I never thought this would hap...
maddi86 | Last answer
Two days ago, my 70 year old mother was diagnosed by her primary care physician as having PAD. For several years (approximately 3) she was simply told that her inability to walk even short distances without excruciating pain was possibly...
Ollstur | Last answer
My osteopath noted with some concern that the aortic artery leading to my stomach and away from it seem notably enlarged. He wants my PCP to do an ultrasound or CAT scan. What could this mean? I was diagnosed by a gastroenterologist a...
susanr1952 | Last answer
does chemotherapy caused nerve damage affect blood flow?
bailso | Last answer
I have weakness in my legs, and had read that Actiflex (Manuka honey with bee venom) can reduce weekness in legs due to inflamation of the immune system After being on Actiflex for 1 week the weakness in my legs worsend, had stiffness ...
topol95 | Last answer
I am 40 y/o female with a hx of abd operations ending in 1998 with total hysto. I have a hepatic hemangiomia, medullary spone kidneys, Hep C (after serving in the morgue during ODS), interstitial cystitis and a body rash.I have been gra...
april275 | Last answer
dr
i've had stress test an found blockage in ...lad ...60%...no stent....now at night i have episodes i wake up can't breath...numbing in hands an arms ..rapid heart beat .wil go away when i awaken was on beta blocker ..toprol..an altase m...
butterflymoma | Last answer
My mothehas had a pacermaker since 1996 they found a lead had broken in 2000 and could not be removed here in Buffalo NY we were told it would not be ant problem so they put ne wlead in and now it has become infected and now all the lead...
highway97 | Posted
My mothehas had a pacermaker since 1996 they found a lead had broken in 2000 and could not be removed here in Buffalo NY we were told it would not be ant problem so they put ne wlead in and now it has become infected and now all the lead...
highway97 | Last answer
To: Dr. Kirksey I answered your question about how the DVT had been diagnosed in the "comment" box after your answer on my first post. Could you please look at the answer under that post? Thank you very much.
Jesse1188 | Last answer
293157_tn?1285877039
I'm in the process of being Dx..they are looking for Vasculitis, MS, autoimmune problems.. I have a problem with some of the veins in my legs and arms, hand. from what I know (which isnt' too much) I think they are collapsed......
Wobbly | Last answer
I am 43 runner. Never smoked. I had a heart attack in Jan 08, 3 stents we implanted in the RAC. 1 month noneventful recovery. I have a abnomality off shoot from my RAC, that was also blocked, but since is was so small they did feel the n...
Sgil55 | Last answer
A relative is facing amputation. They're talking of cutting the 4 smaller toe She has osteomyelitis and cellulitis in one foot. Antibiotics have been unsucessful and according to the docs she waited too long for an operation (they say...
mike0987 | Last answer
My husband was recently taken off of Lipitor and has been experiencing daily headaches. He's not a headache person. Is this a common thing when coming off Lipitor? Also, I have read that you should stop it gradually. Is this true? T...
shirl000 | Last answer
One night in May 2006, I noticed that my right calf seemed to be swollen. It was not painful, just felt heavy. I thought it might be a DVT. It was late and I had no desire to go to the ER, so I took 2 aspirin and went to bed. The next mo...
Jesse1188 | Last answer
I have been diagnosed with herniated disc in C3-4, 4-5, 5-6 and degenerative disc disease in T4-7. I have left arm, usually below the elbow, tingling and pain into my hand and fingers. At times, my left shoulder hurts. I have constant pa...
chele121 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now