Aa
A
A
Close

Phobias Community

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

1 - 20 (of 139) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
16361457_tn?1449656421
All my life I have never slept alone with lights out. I am 20 years old and its only getting worse. Now, even I sleep with my boyfriend, I still need some light in the hallway or TV, whereas before I only needed that when alone and if an...
bunnyblair | Posted
What can i do for my teen daughter who was diagnosed with school phobia? It seems that the school system does not understand that this disorder, doctors prescribe meds that still can;t get in the door of school and her anxiety is so sad...
stlmom | Last answer
1222635_tn?1366399886
for as long as i can remember, i have had a fear of floor collapse. i think it started when i was little and read in the newspaper that truck had been under a bridge that collapsed. that seemed to introduce me to the possibility. to fin...
mom2ariana | Last answer
So I was watching a tv show and someone mentioned that they could stab someone with a needle without them knowing and a week later they would be dead. I have awful anxiety all the time and now I'm convinced I've been stabbed and this wil...
Jwood8765 | Posted
Hello everyone, I have been with my partner for about 5 years (we are both approaching 30), but recently he has expressed an interest in starting a family in a few years time. The problem is I have never wanted children and suffer...
ratherUnhappyLady | Last answer
Does anyone else have emetophobia? I have a horrible fear of food borne illness's mainly as you normally don't throw up with the flu once your an adult. Anyways its gotten worse, I won't let anyone cook for me, I wash my hands with scold...
Alanabanana98 | Posted
I have had this same type of panic attack since I was 15. I am now 54. I just had one tonight after being at Thanksgiving dinner with too many people in the house. I have spent the last hour panicking about Christmas being at our plac...
Lisa1960s | Posted
I faint when i see needles and freak out and start crying. I refuse to have kids because of needles. Im not scared of child birth at all its the needles im scared of.
Mrebecca3444 | Posted
7 days ago my boyfriend fingered me more than 1 time but he was being a little rough when he fingered me. Then he later on I touched his penis but he wasn t ejaculating. I went to use the restroom wiping myself then I washed my hands. W...
Raeraekins | Posted
I'm 14 i never had sex or let a guy touch me. I do masturbate. The only places I masturbate are in my bed or in the showertub floor. I have a weird phobia of sperm being everywhere on the gel mat we have on the showertub floor. ( I mastu...
Laurakenn | Last answer
11816830_tn?1421305851
Does anybody else not leave the house because of birds? I hate everything that flies, but birds are so common and everywhere im afraid im never going to be free of this ever, i dont want to be trapped in the house forever. Im 18 and it s...
Trappedforever | Last answer
I went to the doctors office yesterday and had a red/slightly bleeding pimple on my left arm. They wrapped the velcro around my arm to take my blood pressure in the exact spot that the pimple was. I keep worrying that at some point befor...
stress111111 | Posted
I'm new to this site but I'm desperate for help. I'm 19 years old (female) if that even matters. My mom has a severe phobia of driving so I guess that's where I get it from. I never really had a problem until a year ago. I got kicked out...
thejoker0214 | Last answer
I m 20.I have moderate depressive episode and social phobia. I could not speak with my friends well. I feel very fear when speak with them. I could not walk normally in crowded area.it will make me so nervous.that time my face will auto...
johndevid | Posted
Hello , I suffer from social anxiety and I would really appreciate your advice regarding my situation. I have used propranolol for over a year and experienced some serious side effects such as weight (which I managed to lose) depressi...
K2222 | Posted
I'm 16 years old and I'm still afraid of the dark. Not really "the dark" as much as nighttime. And by that, I mean looking outside during the night. Once the sun goes down and it's pitch black outside, I avoid looking out windows as much...
KittieKal | Last answer
hi, i have always had a anger towards desert ground and recently the way seeds are in grapefruits im not sure if a phobia or just my mind playing tricks, i feel angry when i see only grapefruit seeds and cracked desert ground the kind of...
Anon703 | Posted
I really appreciate if you could answer my question. Unfortunately My boyfriend has phobia towards HIV for nearly 4 months. He had been tested for three times for it up to now. Although the results are always negative, he still beli...
jasmine019920 | Posted
Hi I'm kaitlyn, I am 16 years old. I've recently had the flu in the past week but I have gotten over it. They had me on medication like hydrocodone and tamiflu. Some of the symptoms was vomiting and nauseous. I didn't vomit until the nex...
thttgirlkaitlyn | Posted
11886720_tn?1422030842
Snakephobia- Fear of snakes. (Ophidiophobia) i am in fear of anywhere i go their will be snakes and i hate them... and my husband everytime we go over to his parents house has my son chasing my with those fake rbber snakes how do i st...
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Phobias Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank