Aa
A
A
Close

Phobias Community

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

21 - 40 (of 139) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have a big problem. Sometimes I feel like I'm mental. And I try to tell myself to snap out of it. Like when I'm with my friends we have too much fun we're behaving weird. Like too loud, and hit each other and mess each other's hair. We...
Marinefox | Last answer
I had colon cancer in Jan. 2009 and a liver met in early 2012. Surgery for both and last blood work and CT was fine. Since the liver resection in 2012, I suffer from disease of the day! Everything is major in my mind. Doctor has me o...
diane493 | Last answer
I have a daughter who is in 8th grade. She does not have a phobia but dreads going to school. Kids seem to exclude her even though she tries so hard. She is a very good girl for 13 years of age and she was adopted from Korea when she was...
Tuckerscrib | Posted
480448_tn?1426952138
I'm sure by now everyone has at least HEARD of, if not become inundated and overwhelmed with the media coverage about Ebola. Cheryl passed along a good article to me that I wanted to share on the forum: http://www.medhelp.org/healthy...
nursegirl6572 | Posted
I have a phobia of burn holes burn marks cigarette butts wet cigarettes it's disgusting makes me feel dirty smell of cigarettes too...any one else ???
shantyamore | Last answer
Hello i have a big fear of needle sticks and contracting a disease in public. I recently went to an adult massage parlor. In the shower, i felt something sharp on the floor. Now i don't recall seeing a needle or syringe on the floor (...
mikey29287 | Posted
If I presented as a patient with haphephobia of my immediate family (but not really to anyone outside my immediate family), what psychiatric medications can be given to eliminate that phobia so that I could be with my family more? The...
fl_in_MS | Posted
I've struggled with this phobia for years and it gets worse by the year. I was thinking of hypnosis even though many call it skeptical. Was wondering if anyone else has thought about this and are struggling with this phobia as well
GettinBi | Posted
In Mid March I had the flu pretty bad. One night I woke up drenched in sweat. I walked to the bathroom and fell on the floor. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital. I had bronchitis on top of the flu. Ever since then I have been havin...
Jesben75 | Last answer
Hello. I'm Katie. I'm 16 and I have one major problem. That is my phobia of sick, whenever I meet new people, I jump everytime they cough or burp. This tends to cool down after getting to know the person. The main problem I have at the ...
gingernut97 | Last answer
I can't trace my primary tokophobia back to any specific experiance. My biggest issue is a find pregnant women repulsive. I do not find this to be beautiful in fact I think what pregnancy does to the body is grotesque. I hate being perce...
elocin106 | Last answer
Hi, I'm a female and I suffer from germaphobia and live with 2 males that leave the toilet seat up constantly. Sometimes I need to use the toilet without putting the seat down and most of time find urine around the rim also faces on the ...
MzMystical8 | Posted
7581744_tn?1393538929
I am so scared of snakes that I can't even look at a picture of one. I can't afford a therapist, so what are some ways I could get over this fear without one?
DuskLunae | Last answer
I have a really irrational and extreme fear of hiv. Please assess my situation. Here is the situation I happened to scrape my hand/ fingers real bad carry get something and literally bled right away as a small chunk of my skin scraped...
banna0778 | Last answer
In my head there is a war going on! Everyday I have to make myself believe I dont have hiv or an STD. I have been tested MANY times and just cant accept the results. Reason why I think I cant accept the results are because I have had a B...
dangertomyself | Last answer
plz help me what to do
shivayya | Last answer
4592444_tn?1362033303
Does anyone else have a fear of obese people? I hate that, whenever I am around a large person, I can't help myself. My chest gets tight, I can't breath, I start to get dizzy and see spots. I end up hyperventilating and sometimes even pa...
cgoodwin | Last answer
Has anyone had success with a specific therapeutic program or therapeutic school in the northeast to help overcome school phobia?
jillybugs | Posted
So less than a year ago I started getting extremely scared of getting an std I know its stupid but I feel like I will get it just by touching things or people or sitting on a public restroom I dont even like touching things others touch....
suicidelove | Last answer
I have a very intense fear of Hepatitis C and Herpes, though all STDS and permanent diseases/infections terrify me. I was also recently diagnosed with OCD which I think I may have developed from these phobias. I am seeing a therapist and...
December31st | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Phobias Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...