Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Phobias Community

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

41 - 60 (of 145) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
plz help me what to do
  Posted
4592444 tn?1362033303
Does anyone else have a fear of obese people? I hate that, whenever I am around a large person, I can't help myself. My chest gets tight, I can't breath, I start to get dizzy and see spots. I end up hyperventilating and sometimes even pa...
  Posted
Has anyone had success with a specific therapeutic program or therapeutic school in the northeast to help overcome school phobia?
  Posted
So less than a year ago I started getting extremely scared of getting an std I know its stupid but I feel like I will get it just by touching things or people or sitting on a public restroom I dont even like touching things others touch....
  Posted
I have a very intense fear of Hepatitis C and Herpes, though all STDS and permanent diseases/infections terrify me. I was also recently diagnosed with OCD which I think I may have developed from these phobias. I am seeing a therapist and...
  Posted
I have a desperate fear of needles. I'm not sure if it is as bad as a phobia. However, whenever I nee needles (shots) I get nervous and uncomfortable. The last time I had a needle was back in maybe sixth grade. As soon as they said my na...
  Posted
I have a horrible fear of being put to sleep I need to have a colonoscopy and I keep putting it off whats the best way to overcome this.
  Posted
It was 2 nights ago when my cat bit me unintentionally, she was playing with me though i wasn't in the mood, and started to bit my leg lightly but i panicked so i snatched it away. It scratched and drew a little bit blood. My cat is ...
  Posted
6726276 tn?1421130268
Ever since I was young,my step dad used to pound it into my head"Never go in a car with a man by yourself. ".now,I can not use Taxi's. even for transport from the airport,I use the blue van. It complicates international travel the most. ...
  Posted
7211294 tn?1389226479
I don't know how it started, but i suddenly developed a fear of sperm. I think it's everywhere and it's just out to get me, To when i use my towel after a shower, use the toilet seat, wipe with toilet paper, forget to wash my hands befo...
  Posted
So ever since i was about 6 years old I had an extreme phobia of thunderstorms. This lasted until I was about 11 and I am 14 now. But now I am beginning to have a phobia of throwing up, mostly at night when I am going to sleep. I don't...
  Posted
Dear Sirs I will start at the beginning… We moved to the UK on 2002. The first day my daughter (age 6) went to school she became friends with Sally (age 6) who has also moved into the area and it was her first day at school too. My d...
  Posted
Hi I am a 15 year old girl from Tonga in the south pacific. I have school phobia but I can't do anything about it. Since its different in here because teens can't express themselves to their parents. I have a single parent mom and I can'...
  Posted
I have SEVERE iatrophobia. The fear of doctors. If I go in a doctors office, especially the exam room, it is a traumatic experience. For days afterward I will have psychological shock. As ridiculous as it seems, in my mind doctors are di...
  Posted
4852917 tn?1386382280
My phobia is cockroaches... Even the name creeps me out. I've always been afraid of them since I was little, but it's gotten so much worse. If I see one I won't eat. I won't even kill one. They are terrifying. Everyone thinks I'm just...
  Posted
Hi everyone, Do you guys have any advice on how I can just relax and enjoy my relationship? This may sound like the oddest thing in the world, but everything is going so well that I feel like I am just waiting for the other shoe t...
  Posted
My mother-in-law has social anxiety and OCD - she is 75 years old and is driving her family and her husband crazy. She can't sit still - mostly paces and wrings her hands saying "I'm worried, I'm worried," and "what am I going to do?" sh...
  Posted
My 14 year old daughter has always been the anxious type and recently it has come to a head and seems to be evolving into panic attacks. The symptoms are the worst in a school setting. We are now at the point where she won't go to scho...
  Posted
5969990 tn?1377580619
I am 15 years old, just began my sophomore year of high school. As long as I can remember, I have had problems sleeping. When I was younger I would repeatedly walk around my house and lock all of the windows and doors, I would lock my ...
  Posted
5579991 tn?1377098688
Hi. I am a guy member of a serodiscordant relationship (PARTENER: HIV + ME: HIV -) my biggest fear is to contract HIV. The thing is that I don't know where's the limit between my rational feart to get infected and when this becomes a ph...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Phobias Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...