Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community

A community of women with Postpartum Depression concerns offering support and sharing experiences. Ask a question or join a conversation: symptoms and management.

121 - 140 (of 179) questions
I am 25 wks pregnant with my second and I am so excited. I didnt get ppd with my first but now that I am pregnan twith #2 I am really struggling with what I can only imagine is depression. I read that the chemical changes that cause ppd ...
hopfulEparents | Last answer
It's crazy to think that after a rough pregnancy with a baby born early the thing I'm most afraid of going through again is the ppd. We have JUST started ttc again and within the first two weeks I'm already having anxiety over the though...
NicMom | Last answer
I have had PPD with late onset before - when my second little boy was 9 months. It was so severe, it was.a living nightmare. I suffered with it for a couple of months then went on meds. I was feeling better when he was around 14 months. ...
KATE535 | Last answer
Hello, I as well as you went through PPD..it was so severe and scary! I had thoughts of hurting my baby and that made me resent her and not want to take care of her. I am currently pregnant with my second child and terriffied as well abo...
madelynsmom1126 | Last answer
hey there im 23 yr old with a 4 yr old and a 15month old both boys second time around when i was pregnant after i had my son about 3months later i got depressed and anxiety and sometimes i just kept thinking about all thje bad stuff that...
meme800 | Last answer
Hi, I am 24 years old, and I have 3 children. A 4 year old, a 3 year old, and a 2 week old. I just know there's something wrong with me. No matter how hard I try, I just can't feel close or attached to my baby. It's not just the newbor...
lavenderinscence | Last answer
hey there im 23 yr old with a 4 yr old and a 15month old both boys second time around when i was pregnant after i had my son about 3months later i got depressed and anxiety and sometimes i just kept thinking about all thje bad stuff that...
meme800 | Posted
Hi everyone. After a long hard road I was blessed with a beautiful son Jan. 2010. I was extremely anxious throughout my entire pregnancy as I had miscarried 5 times prior to this pregnancy. After he was born the anxiety escalated to e...
adgal | Last answer
I had ppd right after my son was born, I was suicidal and didn't want to be a mommy. The whole pregnancy I was fine, but the MINUTE after my son was born, I was someone else. I left him with other people all the time, slept for hours a d...
Tiff333 | Last answer
im a single mom of 3 kids ages 3 n half n 2 in june n a newborn....i never had ppd with my older 2 i enjoyd them loved them then agan thyr father was there to help n jus b ther too. he walkd out on us when i was 2 mnths pregnant havvnt h...
raquelplus2 | Last answer
Please help me figure this out... I am 8 days clean off 8-10 (10mg/325). I have been abusing it off and on for 4 years. I have a 5 month old special needs daughter. I was taking the vicodin to help cope caring for her. She is extremely h...
Drake17 | Last answer
I had my son in Jan '09 and at the end of February was diagnosed with PPD and put on Citalophram 10mg. A month later my docter uped it to 20mg. She tried to up it again 40mg but I told her that my boyfriend had seen improvements with the...
Lissa86 | Last answer
I had a child who never slept due to a number of issues mostly colic. I did not sleep the first year EVER. I did have some major hormonal issues and was put on different birth control pills, etc but nothing worked. The best cure for ...
decogrl | Last answer
hi there what it is a year agao i was rushed to hospital with ammoina and was in a coma for 8 days and was in hospital for two and half weeks but since i came out im a diffrent person what my problem is i have bad paranioa it bad i think...
nastygirl246 | Last answer
Hi, I am 38 (39 in two months) I have a 6 month old. I also have a 4.5 year old. I had a miscarriage before I had my second child so during the entire pregnancy I was extremly scared I was going to miscarry. Then after he was born I w...
Dee1003 | Last answer
Hi everyone I've never asked anyone for help on anything but I really need it I'm giving birth in a couple days and i'm extreemly depressed I've been crying everyday for a couple of months and I can't stop! I've never been depressed and ...
christinam87 | Last answer
i have a 20 month old baby, and i'am taking citopam 20mg tablet daily after my first delivery..i stopped the breast feeding when the baby was 7 months old, after that i started the citopam for the depression.my problem is i have still a ...
neenu123 | Last answer
PPD is a very hard thing to go thru, let alone caring for a brand new baby.  Reading all the posts brings back memories.  My husband and I wanted to have a third child but I was so terrified I would suffer from PPD once again, but my ob ...
nrb060380 | Last answer
Hi there, I am now 20 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy..I had very, very bad PPD with my first pregnany, it was so bad that I did not want my daughter when she was born. I was ready to hand her over to any one that looked like they...
cinnamon18 | Last answer
I had ppd after my son. I will delivery 2nd baby soon. Is there a safe medication that actually helps I can take if I breast feed? Should I start this before delivery? any advice would be appricated.
BRAND | Last answer
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources