Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Pulmonary Hypertension Forum

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

1 - 20 (of 131) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My son had spinal surgery 3 weeks ago. He had slight chest pain during the Pre-op exam (probably induced by anxiety) His EKG was somehow abnormal so they sent him for an Echo. It stated right ventricular systolic pressure 37 mmHg al...
  Posted
I had an Echo done and all my numbers come back in the normal range with the exception of Pulmonary Pressure. It came back 40. I had a normal X-ray thats states no acute cardiopulmonary disease. Aortic root shows some mild sclerosis. A...
  Posted
RV
Does this M-Mode of my heart looks like right ventricular hypertrophy? I'm worried about PH, but doctors didn't mention anything. TAPSE 24mm, my RVSP was 25mmHg (TR 2.27m/s) Photo is here: http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/482376
  Posted
I have moderate pulmonary hypertension from an echo cardiogram I had back in 2011. I had another echo last month ( as I suffered a severe episode in March where I blacked out and my BP dropped 80/60). I don"t think I've recovered from it...
  Posted
I am a 40 year old female with high blood pressure that is controlled by medication and diet. In January I started experiencing some shortness of breath and mild chest discomfort, slight dizzy feeling when standing up or bending over. ...
  Posted
Hi - I am a 30 year old healthy female. Had a child 3.5 years ago with uncomplicated pregnancy and natural labor. Ended up in the hospital 2 days postpartum with pulmonary edema - postpartum preeclampsia was diagnosis. I had no risk fact...
  Posted
Hi, I'm a 35 year old active female. I have 3 kids, and a very successful business. 6 weeks ago during crossfit, I had to stop and started hyperventilating. It lasted about 45 minutes with extreme dizziness, and since then, I've had ext...
  Posted
Im 23 year male and very healthy life style and don't smoke. All day I get shortness of breath where breath doesn't go all the way down. It seems to go away when I eat like crazy as in full my stomach.EVEN WHEN IM NOT HUNGRY I EAT FOR NO...
  Posted
I have Pulmonary Hypertension at first I was told PAH then I was told it was due to the left sided heart failure. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with a pulmonary emboilism in my lower right lobe. I was told the right sided of my heart is ...
  Posted
My 3 year old son was born with a 10mm VSD that went undiagnosed for his first 8 months of life. We were told it was a pretty straight forward procedure and had the VSD closed immediately. We were sent home from hospital with Lasix and k...
  Posted
Sixty-six y/o female with dxed moderate (dobutamine stress echo) PH secondary to COPD. No pressure numbers were provided in the cardiologist report. My COPD is severe FEV1 45% but DLCO only 35% and I am fully O2 dependent. I can walk a...
  Posted
I'm a 42 yr F athlete. 5'3"/115. Started cycling/run 4 yrs ago. About yr ago started feeling bad after races. Started having dyspnea esp. with climbing (hills while running/cycling), stairs, rendered me struggling to breathe. My dyspnea/...
  Posted
I'm 22, female, normal weight. A year ago, I started getting extreme exercise intolerance and tachycardia during a flu. These symptoms did not entirely go away afterwards and I was diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome...
  Posted
I had a echocardiogram because i was afraid i had endocarditis from a dental abscess and it was normal but i am stuck with some values: RVOT Flow PV Flow pV 108.6cm/sec S: 79cm/s D: 56.5cm/s S/D: 1.4 PV...
  Posted
What are (echocardiogram) resting as well as during stress test pulmonary pressures upper normal ranges in average size 60 year old men? I am more interested in systolic since echocardiogram does not measure diastolic.How accurate are ...
  Posted
7257553 tn?1389960637
I am a pretty healthy 24 year old male who has gone through a bunch of testing for different reasons over the course of 7 years. It came out that i have POTs and the treatment was 40mgs of nadolol and i was on it for a year and half and ...
  Posted
from recent 2D echo: mitral Doppler consistent with grade 2 diastolic dysfunction. tissue relaxation velocity abnormal tricuspid valve Doppler indicated right heart calculated pressure of 55 mm (per Dr markedly abnormal for a 59 yo...
  Posted
I had two right heart catheterizations back in 2009 that were negative. Still symptomatic. Recently went to see a respirologist and he said my diffusion dropped to 69% though everything else was normal including the chest xray. Therefore...
  Posted
A recent echo showed I have severe pulmonary hypertension. I can't get in to see my pulmonologist for a few weeks. i am an emotional wreck, unable to function. It sounds like a bleak diagnosis. Can you please provide more information.
  Posted
For 10 yrs I have had mild to moderate readings of PH on my echos. I tested positive for SCL-70 but no other antibodies so I do not have a diagnosis of scleroderma as I have no other symptoms of the disease other than GI issues and this...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now