Aa
A
A
Close
Pulmonary Hypertension Forum
Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!
61 - 80 (of 131) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
9 year old with history of familial PH reporting pressures between 30-35 mm Hg. No changes in heart structure. What precautions shoul...
1 answer |
I was newly diagnosed with "mild PH" due to sleep apnea. Systolic pressure, measured by right heart cath, was 55 while mean was 33. I r...
5 answers |
I'm in my late 50s and have been having problems with elevated heart rate and difficulty exercising. I'm generally very deconditioned, s...
1 answer |
I'm on 100 m.g zoloft and 200 m.g lactimal I noticed that my blood pressure goes to 163/100 then I take a co-tareg It helped me well but...
1 answer |
Hi...I have primary pulmonary hypertension (moderate to severe) and I'm wondering if it would be alright for me to use an inversion tabl...
1 answer |
Hello, I had a baby almost 5 months ago now, after I had him I started noticing a strange sensation in my chest. While while lying on my ...
3 answers |
Wow, where to start. Recently my husband has gone through a battery of tests. Most of these tests were a part of routine yearly exams and...
6 answers |
I have been having shortness of breath, chest pain and fatigue. I also have an abdominal aortic aneurysm (4.8cm at widest point. A rece...
3 answers |
3226698 tn?1346452688
Hi. I would like to know if a person starts coughing and choking on their mucus, because it's thick and they are not that good at bringin...
5 answers |
I am a 37 year old female, normal weight, history of allergic asthma, and diagnosis of mixed connective disease. Recently I have experie...
1 answer |
I am concerned about my blood pressure. I have had two 24 hour blood pressure monitors this year and both showed that I have wild swings ...
3 answers |
I was infected by TB in lungs in the beginning of jan'2012. The treatment has gone well for 7 months. I showed the X-ray some 20 days b...
5 answers |
can you explain this?? I had an echo done, RVSP of 38. All values otherwise normal, except the following: RV 29mm LA/Vol index 14mm p...
2 answers |
My wife had a echocardiogram the other day amd the results said she had a RVSP score of 39/10. She is worried about it. Her heaetrate has...
2 answers |
I had a vist to the thyroid doc and the woman did an ultrasound he called it an echo/ Anyway everything was normal except!-Arotic root mi...
2 answers |
Hi. I am a 31 year old female and mother of one 15 month old little boy. In March I had a really bad asthma episode and missed 6 weeks o...
1 answer |
You answered my question previously (rvsp 38 on echo) and I'd like to know when your PA pressures return to normal after you've had your...
1 answer |
when reading up on PH, I always see "shortness of breath." how does one define this? would I be considered short of breath if I am si...
Hi, I am 17 years old and also 29 weeks pregnant. I went to the high risk doctor for a small PFO in my heart and this week she is having ...
4 answers |
hi Dr, I had an echo tonight and my rvsp was 38 and obviously I am worried about pulm hypertension. Everything else looked normal she...
2 answers |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now