Aa
A
A
Close

Pulmonary Hypertension Forum

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

61 - 80 (of 131) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
9 year old with history of familial PH reporting pressures between 30-35 mm Hg. No changes in heart structure. What precautions should one take to initiate lowering of pressures and/or prevent progression? Thanks.
Jas07 | Last answer
I was newly diagnosed with "mild PH" due to sleep apnea. Systolic pressure, measured by right heart cath, was 55 while mean was 33. I reacted well to nitric oxide during the cath., with mean pressure going down to 26 (systolic went dow...
Newly_Diagnosed250 | Last answer
I'm in my late 50s and have been having problems with elevated heart rate and difficulty exercising. I'm generally very deconditioned, so exercising tends to happen in sporatic runs of a few weeks or months, then long runs of just worki...
DPM111 | Last answer
I'm on 100 m.g zoloft and 200 m.g lactimal I noticed that my blood pressure goes to 163/100 then I take a co-tareg It helped me well but could the above drugs effect my blood pressure, by the way I drink about 5 beer per day.
mickgti455 | Last answer
Hi...I have primary pulmonary hypertension (moderate to severe) and I'm wondering if it would be alright for me to use an inversion table for occasional back pain. I'm a 56 year old male with normal blood pressure. Thank you.
ckentblue | Last answer
Hello, I had a baby almost 5 months ago now, after I had him I started noticing a strange sensation in my chest. While while lying on my left side I feel it especially if I lean over towards my stomach. I also feel it if I'm sitting up b...
missyjill1171 | Last answer
Wow, where to start. Recently my husband has gone through a battery of tests. Most of these tests were a part of routine yearly exams and others were as a precautionary measure due to family history, such as his colonoscopy. Anyway, he's...
GirlGhost | Last answer
I have been having shortness of breath, chest pain and fatigue. I also have an abdominal aortic aneurysm (4.8cm at widest point. A recent ekg states "abnormal" right ventrical hyptrophy, QT= 480 QTc=481. I also had an echo with indi...
bac4107 | Last answer
3226698_tn?1346452688
Hi. I would like to know if a person starts coughing and choking on their mucus, because it's thick and they are not that good at bringing it up....mean's this is "starting of the "real" end of life." Let me explain: My child has PH. She...
Sharo321 | Last answer
I am a 37 year old female, normal weight, history of allergic asthma, and diagnosis of mixed connective disease. Recently I have experienced SOB and dyspnea while working out. I had started working with a new trainer and contributed it...
Amber1975 | Last answer
I am concerned about my blood pressure. I have had two 24 hour blood pressure monitors this year and both showed that I have wild swings in my BP. Throughout the day, my BP swings back and forth from normal ranges up to 186/130 - wit...
lawgirl_x | Last answer
I was infected by TB in lungs in the beginning of jan'2012. The treatment has gone well for 7 months. I showed the X-ray some 20 days back at SRM General Hospital in Potheri, Chennai. Looking at the X-ray they said that TB has been cl...
rohitjain228 | Last answer
can you explain this?? I had an echo done, RVSP of 38. All values otherwise normal, except the following: RV 29mm LA/Vol index 14mm pulmonic velocity 1.1m/s mitral E velocity .99m/s (E/A ratio was 1.1) E .089cm/s e/e 11 the com...
ChesterCookie | Last answer
My wife had a echocardiogram the other day amd the results said she had a RVSP score of 39/10. She is worried about it. Her heaetrate has been elevated and blood pressure is fine.
jpguffey | Last answer
I had a vist to the thyroid doc and the woman did an ultrasound he called it an echo/ Anyway everything was normal except!-Arotic root midly dilated, trisicup regurgation and moderate pulmonary hypertension. i have heaalth anxiety and I ...
faith1952 | Last answer
Hi. I am a 31 year old female and mother of one 15 month old little boy. In March I had a really bad asthma episode and missed 6 weeks of work. I've had asthma my whole life. I've never been this sick. My PFTs show "mild" asthma. Nevert...
TomsMom366 | Last answer
You answered my question previously (rvsp 38 on echo) and I'd like to know when your PA pressures return to normal after you've had your baby. I am 3 months post-partum and still have the rvsp of 38. I know echo is not the gold standa...
t10179uhn | Last answer
when reading up on PH, I always see "shortness of breath." how does one define this? would I be considered short of breath if I am simply aware of increased respirations when going from sitting/lying to standing, or walking on a leve...
ChesterCookie | Posted
Hi, I am 17 years old and also 29 weeks pregnant. I went to the high risk doctor for a small PFO in my heart and this week she is having me checked for a high pulmonary pressure. I was wondering if this was the same this as pulmonary hyp...
Whit1994 | Last answer
hi Dr, I had an echo tonight and my rvsp was 38 and obviously I am worried about pulm hypertension. Everything else looked normal she said. My last echo has an rvsp of 25 and that was about 4 years ago. I am about 50 lbs overwe...
t10179uhn | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now