Aa
A
A
Close
Pulmonary Hypertension Forum
Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!
81 - 100 (of 131) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello Dr, I am also wondering if you can answer this for me: I had two small PE's in 2007, one in arterial segment and one in subsegmen...
1 answer |
5 years ago I suffered a pulmonary embolism. Since then it has been completely resolved. I am currently 7 weeks post partum. During my pr...
1 answer |
hello,,i am a 42 yro male.. i began having tightness and sometimes consistant pain in my chest, also i will wake up and feel like i cant...
1 answer |
Hi Dr. Rich, I am a 40 year old female with two small children who was sent to have an echo done due to fatigue. I don't get a lot of sl...
1 answer |
Hi Doctor, Your first response was very helpful and I went to seek a second opinion. The second Cardiologist I saw thought it was odd ...
1 answer |
My wife has had 2 echos done in the past 9 months. The 1st with RVSP of 35 to 42, second RVSP of 37 with mild to moderate tricuspid regu...
3 answers |
503486 tn?1340980374
I have a one year old with a trach she was born a preemie so she couldn't breath on her own. I need to fly to the US I live in Puerto Ric...
3 answers |
Hi, My husband is 32 years old and relatively healthy. He had an echocardiogram ordered by his primary care physican because there is a...
1 answer |
My daughter was 12 years old at the time a Dr. put her on 37.5 phentermine pills to lost weight she gave it to her every 3months for a ye...
2 answers |
Hello Dr, I had a CT scan done 3 weeks ago and they found trace upper lobe bronchiectasis. Mild bronchiectasis. The dr said that there is...
1 answer |
Thank you for your reply to my previous question,can I trouble you again. What would blood pressure readings be like for PAH or RV dysfu...
1 answer |
I have had an Echo done and have been told that there is an enlargement of the right side of the heart.Pulmonary hypertension and mild r...
2 answers |
Hello Dr Rich Can you tell me whether blood pressure would generally be high or low with pulmonary(arterial ?) hypertension with copd. ...
Sorry I forgot to also ask what the Blood Pressure readings be like for Pulmonary Hypertension Thank you
Dr. Rich My friend has been diagnosed with idiopathic primary pulmonary artery hypertension. He is 51 and is on oxygen and various med...
3 answers |
I have recently had a right heart cath done due to ongoing chest pain, chronic shortness of breath, I also have COPD with low DLCO. What ...
1 answer |
I am a 19 year old female and have been experiencing chest problems for the last three weeks or so. It started with a mild but sudden sho...
1 answer |
I just delivered my son March 22, 2012. At 33 wks I was admitted to the hospital for a week with a suspected PE (which i've had one in 20...
4 answers |
My daughter is 7 days old. She was delivered via C-Section. We were discharged from hospital normally. We had to go to hospital a day lat...
1 answer |
I have failed pulmonary test twice . I cannot take a deep breath or exhale fast causes me to have dry heave. my lung feel clear xrays s...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank