Restless Leg Syndrome Community

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

1 - 20 (of 103) questions
comment: some medical sites describing RLS really don't do a good job of describing how bad it can be. Mine feels like there are rats clawing the insides of my legs. Last week I had it for 3 days and nights....hardly slept. The ni...
dale112233 | Posted
Doctors don’t know the cause and cure of RLS; I have a hypothesis for the cause, and I have a simple and effective cure. First, the cure. Lie down or sit, keep your legs straight, pull your toes toward you and then stretch your toe...
Markfan | Last answer
I am going to have a CT scan next week on my kidneys and there's a small chance I may need the CT scan with contrast dye. I had an allergic reaction to the dye years ago. It wasn't serious, just a few hives on my face and I felt fine. I...
georgeanne7680 | Posted
I read at WWW.peoplespharmacy.com/2010/10/11/is-quinine-in-tonic-water-safe/ there are 83 mg of quinine in 1 liter. My question is, if I drink a liter every evening would this cause me to have a positive results from a drug screen?
grizwald | Last answer
Hi all, I am new to this forum...I have used Medhelp in the past and have found it to be very supportive so here I am again. There is so many problems regarding my mom but I will try to just touch on what is happening. She is sufferin...
jamie817 | Last answer
Well, I'm 18 years old and for as long as I can remember, when I stretch my legs they violently shake. Recently got engaged and my fiance asked why that happens. Thought I'd ask on here to figure what is actually wrong. Nerve damage from...
MattAmrhein82514 | Last answer
rls runs in the family. I have had it since childhood but it never bothered me as much. Then it got worse after a 3 months of extreme stress due to financial, school and other reasons. All of the issues i had before shot up to 9 out of 1...
rls_cure | Posted
eating lots of bananas can help but if your RLS is really bad, i used liquid magnesium...one or two table spoons a day. works like a charm for me but be careful too much will give you the runs....
zoe_zozo | Posted
I think my husband has RLS and it's driving ME crazy. It doesn't bother him at all.........he actually thinks I'm making it up that his legs jump around all night! Meanwhile, I'm exhausted. I honestly don't know how this doesn't wake HIM...
RubyWitch | Last answer
Hello, Since I was a kid I went to many doctors, nobody could find out what is my problem.. I'm desperate. In the last 6 months it's also become to hurt my hands too, it just happened me twice but it's scarry since it does the same...
Kukasesd | Posted
was just put on this med for my RLS..does this seem to work for you? is so please explain. I was on tramadol, he wanted to try this. Thanks for any info
jimgreg | Last answer
Kindly guide me too. Iam 28 years old female. Feeling tingling, pin and needle sensation and numbness on some parts of leg initially in part of left leg upper thigh then started on right leg also and arms hands head feeling till 3 wee...
Reemma | Posted
what medications are generally used to treat chronic RLS? Every 15 -60 seconds during sleep and many times in the evening generally beginning around 4 PM.
DoulaDoll | Last answer
i dont know if this is a RLS because i've been suffering this pain for about 10 years and now i am already 22 my legs are unequal my left leg is much bigger than my right leg and when i walk too far and when i feel so cold especially ex...
2292claud | Posted
I've had success with drinking coffee before bedtime with RLS. that just goes contrary to all logic. I've been doing some research on caffeine and found that it regulates certain neurotransmitters and increases dopamine levels. this comi...
toddtst | Last answer
Hello I have been suffering from RLS for more than 30 years. I was diagnosed during a sleep study and consequently put on Parkinson’s meds some years back. The first one made me extremely drowsy in the afternoon. The second one made ...
evolvsusieq | Last answer
So they have in ropinirole (I forgot how to spell it) but 1mg doesn't seem to be working. :( what other meds can I request?
Candyy211 | Last answer
I'm wondering if anybody else out there is affected by RLS/PLMD in the same way I am. It's very specific. Only when I'm falling asleep, my foot will jerk, sometimes rapidly, followed by the whole leg making a violent jerk. There is no...
HooksTV | Posted
I need a cheap alternative to prescribing Mirapex E R for a patient with Parkinson's Disease.
newtonl | Posted
Hi all im suffering really bag at night time with my legs and arms I keep get the feeling off needing to move the it has me so tired im only getting 3 hours sleep a night has anyone any suggestions as to how I can deal with this please :-(
jackbenny172 | Posted
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Restless Leg Syndrome Community Resources