Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Restless Leg Syndrome Community

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

21 - 40 (of 108) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello I have been suffering from RLS for more than 30 years. I was diagnosed during a sleep study and consequently put on Parkinson’s meds some years back. The first one made me extremely drowsy in the afternoon. The second one made ...
  Posted
So they have in ropinirole (I forgot how to spell it) but 1mg doesn't seem to be working. :( what other meds can I request?
  Posted
I need a cheap alternative to prescribing Mirapex E R for a patient with Parkinson's Disease.
  Posted
780647 tn?1304024542
Hi all im suffering really bag at night time with my legs and arms I keep get the feeling off needing to move the it has me so tired im only getting 3 hours sleep a night has anyone any suggestions as to how I can deal with this please :-(
  Posted
My doctor has never heard of this before, but I get the same sensations in my arms...mostly my hands and wrists, as I do with RLS. I have RLS pretty bad and Im on 3 Ropinerole per day. On dialysis days I take 2 in the am and 1 at night...
  Posted
Who here has trouble with their restless leg syndrome @ anytime of the day? Mine has been bothering me so much it's driving me insane!! At night when I get in bed an I want to settle down it gets really bad. Sometimes I swear I think I'm...
  Posted
Im a 16 year old girl, i wasnt properly diagnosed with this but my doctor suggested i may have it. Basically my hips, thighs , calves, ankles, wrists and occasionally Back and arms all twitch, spasm and cramp very badly and recently ts g...
  Posted
I'm starting to wonder if there could be a link between endometriosis and RLS. Looking back, I've always had RLS, it just never got to be a daily struggle until August 5th of this year. That is when my first ovarian cyst ruptured. I a...
  Posted
Not sure if this will be the right forum. Started 3 weeks ago, my leg issue. I was moving some chairs and thought nothing of it until the next day, my leg hurt a little. Now my discomfort comes and goes. It's like a pulling se...
  Posted
About 2 months ago I changed my diet to the one recommended in Grain Brain by David Perlmutter. This diet is one proposed to alleviate or prevent a variety of neurological disorders, though it does not mention RLS specifically. It involv...
  Posted
3161757 tn?1343731107
Hello, I know the misery of RLS and the only way you can temporarily find relief, if you are lying in bed, is to literally kick the leg straight, but then a minute later it's back again! It's like horrible ants crawling in your legs. I...
  Posted
I was diagnosed 3 days ago and haven't slept but a few hour naps. Mine seems more severe than most as it affects my shoulders which twist wildly when I try to sleep. I am going for sleep study today. I am remarkably not tired however. Pl...
  Posted
7052683 tn?1392942395
Hello, To those of us that suffer RLS. I have been trying Selenium 200 mg nightly. So far , so good. Good Luck, CML
  Posted
Is anyone taking the medication Horizant for their Restless Leg? If so, is it helping?
  Posted
My aunt has severe restless leg syndrome, we are searching for an alternative treatment as any medication upsets her stomach. Does anybody have any experience with Cosmaro, multivital creme. It supposes soothing inflamed nerve end...
  Posted
Hi all i have been on codeine for about 3 years and found myself just popping 12 to 16 pills at night along with the pills i took throughout the day. My question is this i have been clean now for 3 weeks of going cold turkey and yes it w...
  Posted
Since stopping Lortab (20mg x 3 times a day for 4 years) cold turkey 60 days ago I have had terrible restless legs. Both legs are effected from the knees down. I get very little sleep. It doesn't bother me much during the day but as soon...
  Posted
5447621 tn?1368112421
Anyone else had to deal with this? I feel like a need a weighed-suit to sleep in at night with the RLS and withdrawing from Fentanyl patches (had surgery 3 months ago, and now finishing the last process of getting off the medication). ...
  Posted
anyone else suffer from all over restless leg symptoms?
  Posted
I have been on Seroquel to sleep for several years. One of the side effects is leg pain. My doctor has been giving me lorazapam to help with the cramping, but it is not helping and never did. I dont think this is RLS. I suspect bad ci...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Restless Leg Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...