Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

fleshy bumps, some redness, bleeding

I am a 26 year old male, ive had about 8 sexual partners in my life, and 3 of them within the last 7 months.

I have papules, not on the head, but lower shaft, and one day noticed 2 small, raised, flesh colored bumps on the lower underside of the shaft area. About the size of a ball point pen ink insert.  I cant tell if they are that small or a bunch of even smaller ones.  I cant really even tell if it is above or below skin. The bump itself, looks a little bumpy. If that makes sence.

Not white, sometimes flesh colored, sometimes even a little darker.  I knicked one with my nail and a pinsized point of blood came out from it. then it became red and reduced slightly in size.

Im not totally familiar with HPV, but ive seen photos, and i assume those photos are worse case scenarios since most looked absolulty nothing like my bumps.  But some did resemble them slightly.

I dont know if they are an offshoot of the papules, or a cyst, or something i dont know about.

Seeking help, will make a Dr. appointment asap, but trying to ease my mind.

thank you.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry, didn't mean to post my question incorrectly!
Helpful - 0
I have something that I think is a vulvar cyst/bartholin's gland abcess...but I am having trouble finding pictures of what exactly they look like.  I have a somewhat sketchy sexual history, but have been married with no extramarrital sexual activity for almost 3 years, so I'm pretty sure that it's not an STD. It is located closer to my vaginal opening (another reason I thought it might be the bartholin's), it's about the size of a pea, it seems to be under the skin, its slightly red, only slightly tender.  I have recently begun a new exercise regimen and it's possible that I haven't been careful enough about staying clean and dry, simply because I can't always change out of my workout clothes right away.  Don't know if this is relevant, but...any help would be great!!!
Helpful - 0
yeah, i have had the papules since i was a child, i even have something along those lines on my eye lids.  its odd.  I have serious sensitive skin.  I wouldnt say the bleeding was alot, it was a tiny amount, bt thanx for the reply!
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
If you're certain the papules are new, then you definitely need to see a health care provider.  As best I can tell from your description, warts don't seem likely, especially the apparently vigorous bleeding.  Molluscum contagiosum might be a possibility, especially if any of the bumps are shiny pink and/or have a dimple in the center; MC lesions can bleed quite vigorously.  (MC is a completely benign infection, easily cured, with no complications of any kind.)

Bottom line:  Follow through on your plan to see a health care provider.  In the meantime, don't be too worried; I doubt it's going to turn out to be anything serious.  Good luck.

HHH, MD
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs Forum

Popular Resources
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.