Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

oral std's

I had unprotected oral sex with a man in October and since have been plagued with a sore tongue and palate.  The soreness began in mid November, shortly after that I developed a canker sore inside my mouth.  I went to my GP in December and he said that he couldn't see anything.  I asked for Oral std tests and he said that he didn't do them.   In mid december I broke out with a rash that itched profusley.  The rash appeared on my waist line, underarms and then gradually covered my trunk.  After two weeks the rash stopped itching but continued to pop up on various parts of my body. During this time I had a tingling sensation all over my body Two weeks ago I developed a white coating on my tongue and bright redness near my tonsils. and little white dots on my lips.  Urgent care treated me with a zithromax z pak My tongue continues to hurt, I have excess mucus and often it is bubbley. I went to the local std clinic in January and asked for oral testing and they said that they didn't do it.  I did have a HIV Syphillis test and both came back negative.
Does this sound like an oral std?  Did I wait long enough for the syphillis test.
My new boyfriend has developed a dry hacking cough and feels like their is something in the back of his throat, he also developed the white dots and his lip and a canker sore.  I hate the thought of spreading something unknowinly.
Where can I go to have testing for gonorrhea of the mouth.

8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Tatuh--
I know that this original post was in 2005, however I have the same thing with my tongue. How did you resolve your symptoms???  Please help!!
Helpful - 0
u could get oral warts or oral herpes from havin oral sex
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, bubbley and excess mucus in throat? was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, oral stds was started.
Helpful - 0
I had oral sex about two months ago and a little while after that I got a black dry spot on my penis. I dont know if the spot came from the oral sex or if it even is a disease I am just concerned. My penis doesnt itch, I dont have discharge, and it doesnt burn when I urinate. I just dont know what to do.
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Yes.  The blood test is always positive well before appearance of a syphilitic skin rash.

HHH, MD
Helpful - 0
If the syphilis test was done 3 weeks after the rash first appeared would that be adequate time for it to show up positive?
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I doubt any of your symptoms or your boyfriend's are related in any way to the oral sexual exposure you describe.  It is uncommon to acquire any STD by oral sex.  And your syymptoms aren't typical for any STD and took too long to show up.  I might have been concerned about syphilis (wondering if the canker sore was a chancre, the lesion of primary syphilis), but your negative syphilis test rules that out.

A test for gonorrhea of the throat isn't worth your time, effort, and perhaps money.  Oral gonorrhea almost always goes away by itself, without treatment, within 3 months; and zithromax probably would have cured it anyway.  But if you want to do it anyway, call your local health department to learn the location etc of its public STD clinic.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs Forum

Popular Resources
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.