Aa
A
A
Close

STDs Forum

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

1 - 20 (of 16920) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
What are the chances of catching herpes-1 by lip kissing or french kissing if no cold sores are seen? I guess they could be on the inside of the lip and not seen? What if no cold sores present at all? I am also wondering what STDs are p...
RobertY | Last answer
Dr., Thanks for all your advice and assistance with the Forum; you are providing a much needed service to us all. My question is what is the transmission risk of acquiring HSV 1 or HSV 2 on the hand by performing hand-to-gential ...
9848 | Last answer
Last night, I had messed around with a girl that I don't know very well after too many drinks and a long term relationship recently coming to an end. The ex was clean and had very little sexual interaction before me. We didn't have se...
curiousconfused | Last answer
Hi Doctor, so I have been worried sick about some strange symptoms I have been having, I will also tell you that I worry more than anyone about stds so all of my attention is on my genitals a lot of the time and I am wondering if maybe i...
emmajk | Last answer
Just recently I slepted with someone when the condom broke, like 3 seconds later I pulled out after it broke. What are the chances of any infection of anything resulting from this condom breaking? I immediately put on a new condom and co...
bread43 | Last answer
Please help as I am freaking out a little bit. I recently had unprotected sex and oral sex with a female aged 30. I gave and received oral and then we had sex unprotected but not to climax. Three days after I developed a raging sor...
Sinbad1977 | Last answer
I went to Malaysia for vacation and I hooked up with a fellow american. He was an intern from Boston College - anyways we had a one night stand and we both had unprotected sex. He claimed he was clean and that he was confident about it. ...
so_scared | Last answer
So I started having unprotected sex with girl #1.I thought I felt a little urethritis about a week after we first started having sex, and when I peed it kind of sprayed, so I went to get checked.I also had a slight drip that looked like ...
Jackson182 | Last answer
Hi, Long story short, I went to the strip club with my buddy and got a few dances from a girl. During the dance she placed her fingers on her vagina and rubbed herself. During the next dance she touched my penis for no more than ten sec...
steve092782 | Last answer
Dear Doctor, I recently had what appears to be my first herpes outbreak. Upon a having a viral culture test, it was diagnosed as HSV 1. 1. I had a fever and sore throat which was followed by blisters. My ob-gyn is certain that this...
shh119 | Last answer
Hello. Yesterday I had protected vaginal sex with a CSW .No anal ,no oral sex was involved. My mistake is the fact that we french kissed for 2 minutes. The kiss was very deep and involved saliva. As far as I know I had no fresh blood...
elvisdragan | Last answer
48 Hours ago I had vaginal and oral sex with a stripper. I asked her if she had any std's and predictably she said no. I did "inspect" her first for anything visible. When we went to the room oral was unprotected, we started sex with...
Sequoia5678 | Last answer
Hi doc. I am pretty sure I have genital herpes. About 2 weeks ago when I was urinating I thought I had a pimple because it felt strange but I felt down there but there was nothing there. The feeling went away and then a few days later...
virgogrl | Last answer
Facts: I had been with my partner since July 2002. I found out he was cheating January 2003. We worked out everything. I never had any problems with my body until September 2004. September 2004 I went to the doctor due to discharge...
Baffled_and_Confused | Last answer
Hello, My question is actually for after receiving treatment. About 10-14 days after sex i was experiencing a very subtle completely clear discharge from my penis i called my friend who is a doctor. i told him that i was having a cl...
PilotMan390 | Last answer
Dr., I had sex worker in china perform oral w/ ejac. w/o a condom. No other sexual contact.2-3 days after the event I felt mild discomfort near the tip of the penis on the front side). This slight burning sensation also was felt down th...
shizzle66 | Last answer
In the last year I have had only two sexual partners. About a week ago I noticed a whitish discharge from my penis. I assumed it was gonnorhea or chlamydia and told my doctor such. He gave me a z-pack (antibiotics) and it cleared up in a...
SPJ9981 | Last answer
Hi – I am a 30 something heterosexual woman who was diagnosed with early secondary syphilis about 8 weeks ago. My history of symptoms included an ulcer on my tongue, swollen lymph nodes in my neck, a rash and severe headaches. I...
LB633 | Last answer
I have used this service before and have definately had bouts of OCD and anxiety over STD related issues. The good news is that I overcame most of those issues and have been in a monogamous relationship for nearly 4 years now. A brief hi...
scaredcmd | Last answer
What are the possibilities of contracting trich by receving unprotected oral sex? I've read on the web that it is impossible as the protozoa cannot survive in the mouth. THX!!
langal | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank