Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Shingles Community

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

1 - 20 (of 228) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Looking for feedback from a current antiviral user...... Anyone as using antiviral, valcyclovir (valtrex) or acyclovir, has it slowed herpetic dementia onset? ( Memory problems)
  Posted
I am experiencing the worst outbreak of zoster sine herpete to date. I have had these outbreaks multiple times per year over the past several years. I do not understand what brings them on. I have tried Vitamin B injections (every 12 ...
  Posted
I was diagnosed with shingles over 3 weeks ago. The rash has never broken open or crusted. Is it still contagious? I have a 6 year old son who has been vaccinated for chicken pox, and has never actually had them....I worry about him gett...
  Posted
Everything I have read says You can only give someone Chicken pox? This is not true! I have re accruing Shingles for 2yrs now. During my newest outbreak I have given Shingles to my boyfriend. He was diagnosed at the urgent care along wi...
  Posted
Hi, What is the difference between monosegmental and multisegmental herpes zoster?
  Posted
Hi I've starter with sore mouth few lumps thatr swollen glands under my lip started with a spot on my lip I squeezeed. Now 8 weeks later I've got sore throat on one side now and again is this shingles strep or something sinister! ! Also ...
  Posted
Hi I've starter with sore mouth few lumps thatr swollen glands under my lip started with a spot on my lip I squeezeed. Now 8 weeks later I've got sore throat on one side now and again is this shingles strep or something sinister! !
  Posted
16314879 tn?1446930909
I can't tell if i have just a rash or something more. I got a row of bumps on my upper chest that have now all scabed over
  Posted
Let me preface this by saying I am terrified of doctors at the moment. I had a melanoma removed a couple of years ago - stage 2 so all fine - but the whole episode freaked me out pretty badly. About 6 months ago I got some localised r...
  Posted
I just got a painful shingles rash on my back. I can't get treatment for it. About a month ago, the doctor prescribed a 10-day course of acyclovir 400mg 3x/day for genital herpes. But that's herpes simplex and shingles is herpes zoste...
  Posted
I am ( was) a very active 52 year old. 6 months ago I started having an intense itching in my feet. A couple days later the pain started. The pain is so bad I can hardly walk... After seing several different Drs and dozens of tests my di...
  Posted
I am ( was) a very active 52 year old. 6 months ago I started having an intense itching in my feet. A couple days later the pain started. The pain is so bad I can hardly walk... After seing several different Drs and dozens of tests my di...
  Posted
I noticed a rash on my inner left thigh 2 days ago, this morning it had become extremely painful and had spread across the top of my thigh and all down the outer side of it. Went to the doctor this afternoon and was diagnosed with shing...
  Posted
I'm a 55 yr. old woman who has gotten over the shingles on the right side of my face/head and has affected my eye, if I I broke out Sept. 9th, but my eye started getting red on Sept. 6th. I took the anti viral meds for 7 days and gabba p...
  Posted
I'm seeking someone who has had PHN. Last February (2015) I came down with an incredible case of shingles. It was on the left side of my face and made its way into my eye. The good news is I have my vision back, shingles are gone, but I ...
  Posted
Hi, firstly I've had both chicken pox and shingles and know its rare to get it a third time but following months of hellish symptoms and little clear test results I turned to a friend of the family who's a retired Dr & he seems to think ...
  Posted
Any suggestions for relief from extreme itching after shingles? Rash is gone, and pain has gone also. However, 9 weeks into it, can't find any relief for the horrible itching. Many topical creams have been tried, no help. Benadryl he...
  Posted
I am a 32-year old male, and I only started having sex only a couple of years ago. I have been having protected vaginal sex for the last year with multiple female CSWs. I have used condoms for all encounters. However, three months ago th...
  Posted
Hi, I have shingles on my back at the moment (upper left hand side) and this has been diagnosed by the doctor. I have a slight pain now in the left hand side of my face (notably by my cheekbone). My question being that, is it possibl...
  Posted
I am a 37 year old man, 3 years ago I suffered a herpes zoster infection . Two months before I got sick from hepatitis type A. Recently I read that zoster is being associated with HIV specially in people younger than 50 so I am worri...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Shingles Community Resources