Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Shingles Community

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

41 - 60 (of 228) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
11052180 tn?1414912847
I have an itchy, painful, burning rash on the upper portion of my left breast. I've been using benedryl, hydro cream and nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Should I see the doctor?
  Posted
I went to a Urologist because of a issue I have had with penis tip irritation for over 2 years. When I 1st woke up with this issue, I had small blisters on the outside of my urethra on both sides and they were so tender I could not stand...
  Posted
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone can advise me, I got shingles when I was 23, I got them all down my right side and even in my eye, opthalmic shingles. I always thought shingles were for the old and weak immune system people. No offence i...
  Posted
My Mom is 78 years old and got shingles 3 months ago in her eye. Once the shingles cleared she has had severe itch on her face and she can't find any relief. She has never had pain - only severe itch. She has been on 10 different meds a...
  Posted
3 weeks ago I got shingles. In 48 hours started valtrex for 10 days. Rash dried up, some aching remains. Got worse after swimming in pool after 2 weeks after diagnosis, not contagious any longer. Pain returned and fatigue started. Did...
  Posted
Continuing on valcyclovir after 3 weeks by Debbic715, 20 hours I saw a doctor after i had shingles for a week and had taken valcyclovir from the first day. The doctor told me 7 days was the usual length of time to take it for shingle...
  Posted
What kind of UK Goverment do we have? restricting shingles vaccine to people 70yrs-79yrs old? I was 45yrs old when I first got shingles in the kidneys it was the most painful devastating illness I have ever experienced, it lasted 5 weeks...
  Posted
I had my Shingles Vaccine 16 days ago with no problems other than a pink spot. After my shower today I noticed a rash on the right side of my face that had papules of different sizes. One sort of looked like it had a blister but I do ha...
  Posted
HI, MY 7YR OLD SON HAD RASHES AROUND NECK AND ELBOW.IT LOOKS LIKE A CLUSTER OF PIMPLES.IT'S ALMOST A WEEK. IS THIS SKIN PROBLEM IS CAUSE DUE TO HEAT OR IT'S A FORM OF SHINGLES. PLS ADVICE PICTURE ATTACHED
  Posted
3843080 tn?1348316606
Hi I have suffered for years with numbness to my legs, feet. Family doctors all said it is in your head and you don't handle stress well. My symtoms got worse, involving my face arms, dizziness, vertigo, tightness around the waist. I...
  Posted
My Dad has suffered nerve damage from having shingles. At first they thought it was Bells palsy but later confirmed it as Shingles. The nerves around his eye have been damaged meaning he cannot close his eye and it has been like this for...
  Posted
Hi all, I recently tested positive for shingles from a PCR swab taken from a small cluster of lesions(bout 10cent piece size) on my penis. I thought this may have been herpes but tested negative for both kinds via serology and swab. Ha...
  Posted
I had shinlges about a month ago from the center of my chest, across my breast and nipple, arm pit and a big patch all the way to my spine. I feel lucky that the rash is healing on the skin quite well (feels like real skin again!) even ...
  Posted
903476 tn?1242240637
I wonder how many times you can get shingles, I had a nasty case about 10 years ago. Yesterday when I was taking a shower I noticed a red welt on my right thigh apparently I had been scratching it all day without noticing there was a wel...
  Posted
All, I am now living with the classic symptoms of Postherpetic Neuralgia in both feet and ankles. I have been through every conceivable testing to determine its cause, but sadly there are no answers. One thought that has never been ...
  Posted
Ten days Go I had a shingle shot. They administered it in my muscle. Now I have severe shoulder pain and my teres minor is swollen. They gave me a prescription for cefadroxil (cellulitus). Could this be the reason for the pain in my...
  Posted
Hello, I recently got what I think are shingles, but I'd like to confirm that that is what in fact they are and if I should be worried. I've been sick for a while, probably the past month or two, but I get sick a lot so that wasn't out o...
  Posted
Should new shingles still appear after a week in a half on valtrex? Is that normal
  Posted
Has anyone diagnosed with shingles had an abnormally high ALT and AST level?
  Posted
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had shingles in their mouth. I've recently developed shingles for the first time and I'm still recovering (as I've only been diagnosed last week). So far the worst pain has subsided but does return from ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Shingles Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...