Aa
A
A
Close

Shingles Community

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

81 - 100 (of 228) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a 74 year old male. A week ago I had a biopsy on my left ear for skin cancer. The next day I came down with a horrible earache and went all weekend. On Monday I went to the doctor and my eardrum looked fine and I didn't have a fe...
  Posted
Hi, I currently got diagnosed with shingles yesterday. Which is formed on my left side from my hip to my back. I also have the same looking blisters above my pubic line. Is it possible for my shingles to be in that area? Right now ...
  Posted
I had chicken pox as a kid. There's a commercial that says I might get shingles. What are my chances? Anything I can do to prevent it?
  Posted
Hi - 2-3 days ago I developed a red, somewhat itchy, irritated rash on my neck in a v pattern - distribution starts under both ears, drops down to a point at the top of my upper chest. Yesterday, the rash moved to my face, around my nos...
  Posted
I'm if this is a repeated question as I am still trying to get the hang of using this forum. I did ask this question in other postings but in different communities. I am posting now in this shingles community because I feel that it shoul...
  Posted
I had my first case of shingles a few weeks ago on my left side--a small cluster of blisters. It wasn't too painful. I finished the Famvir on Dec 25. A few days later I seem to have a new single blister on my hand. Just today there s...
  Posted
Hi, I have shingles on my back at the moment (upper left hand side) and this has been diagnosed by the doctor. I have a slight pain now in the left hand side of my face (notably by my cheekbone). My question being that, is it possibl...
  Posted
I am trying to figure out what these bumps/sores are, on my inner right thigh. it began with me at work, and i started to notice pain when i walked. i went to the bathroom, inspected my inner thigh (near my groin) and noticed a cluster o...
  Posted
Hi, I met a girl that told me she is having Herpes Zonder. She said she might had been infected at her work place. She explain me about the chicken pox relation. Till now we have avoided any kind of touch. I want to know the ri...
  Posted
I have a question regarding my Hiv status. I had an sexual unprotected with a woman whom I met on a day and she looked healthy.It was in the year 1999. Also I had multiple unprotected sex with my girl friend( who is ex now) in the yea...
  Posted
5154541 tn?1366812291
I think I might have eczema... but I'm not sure. At first I thought it was psyrosis or warts, and the doctor at the time told me he wasn't sure, but to get a skin doctor to look at it. I no longer have insurance... which *****. But I loo...
  Posted
Has anyone here ever had reoccurring shingles? Everyone that I've spoken to has told me that shingles don't reoccur but I get blisters on my body just about every three months and they're diagnosed as Shingles.
  Posted
I was recently diagnosed with shingles after a Dr's visit. The rash covered my periorbital area, elbows, a portion of my brow, and a small area on my penis. I have also had eczema since i was a child. It started in a small area, and seem...
  Posted
dester4 I have Herpes Zoster and was wondering if the Shingles vaccine can help some. As i get older the Valtrex seems to be causing me problems plus I am having more breakout.. I have fibromyalgia and also was wondering if the toxins ...
  Posted
Something went in my eye,9 days ago pain has increased. No ointments are working and after 9 days left eye and face was paralyzed . Is it shingles???? I feel no major results. itchy lids and it was puffy and purple. No puss, bad he...
  Posted
To begin eight months ago i had a recent scare of HSV2. I'm glad to say that after three negative igg results, Im relieved of some stresse. A week ago i started feeling this warm to slight burn feeling on left side of my back. The feeli...
  Posted
Around 12/15/12, I had severe right leg pain and tenderness for 2 days before I broke out with shingles that started on my foots with patches that eventually worked all the way up my leg. About a week ago (approx. 3 weeks after the last ...
  Posted
Hi, I'm a 42 year old male. i have had a female friend, 38, for 5-6 years. the other day we were talking and i had mentioned that i never had chickenpox. she got a panicked look on her face and told me we need to look into this to see i...
  Posted
744603 tn?1348044875
My son had shingles about 2 years ago when he was about 6/7 years old. My 11 year old daughter has just developed it a week ago but I thought it was quite unusual for children to get shingles? In both cases it caused just a small rash on...
  Posted
About 5 years ago I had a raw area on my leg from where a pair of high top shoes rubbed me. I used neosporin on it several times a day for over a week. I increased the usage when I noticed a purplish rash. Now I know that may have bee...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Shingles Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...