Aa
A
A
Close

Sickle Cell Anemia Community

WELCOME TO THE SICKLE CELL ANEMIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Warning Signs relating to Sickle Cell Anemia.

81 - 100 (of 102) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm not sure this is going to the right place. I don't really understand this site yet. Do you think I am iron deficiency anemic? I get: *frequent migraines *unexplained bruising, primarily on my shins *charlie horses in my toes ...
Krys_10 | Last answer
Hi I was told quite a few years ago that I have an enzyme missing in my blood - something to do with some of the cells and something is elevated im not really sure what it all means can u explain? I have had two mild strokes causing be...
smartie223 | Posted
Anyone else out there with Essential Thrombocytosis ( high platelet counts )? What's your story and how have you been dealing with it/therepy/treatments?
lovely61385 | Posted
Hi there, I am 39 year old male. I have been suffering from the following symptoms since my childhood and no doctor seems to figure out what the problem is. Those symptoms are significantly affecting my ability to focus, to communicate w...
maurice635 | Posted
Hi. I haven't been feeling quite right lately. I'm concerned I might be anemic. I have many of the symptoms. I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to make an appointment. What test will she do to check? What do I need to do or say to prepa...
pinkrose837 | Posted
peripheral erythroblastosis with dyserythropoiesis in 6mths old child -Hb 5gms/dl, and hepatosplenomegaly. what is the probable diagnosis?
gayatridevip | Posted
my mother gives blood sample every month they have just tried again and cannot get any blood out of her two arms and her hand, she has just recently been put on antibiotics would that have anything to do with it, has not happened before.
tanti | Posted
I am 36 years old lady and have 86kg weight and 5'2'' height.I normally feel as a hollow in my heart and air passing through this tunnel and secondly sometimes heart skips heart beats and sometimes its racing.Please tell me what to do as...
sweety_36 | Posted
I had a lumpectomy for breast cancer 9/09. chemo ended 1/2010 and radiation ended march 2010. My white and red blood cells have not came back up so my oncologist had me do a "vitamin level" blood test. everything came back within normal...
theshivelys | Posted
i hav swelling in both ankles which is painful and sore,i also hav pain up the side of one of my legs,pain in my groin area,lower abdomen pain,pain on one of my forearms
upity | Posted
what is blocked arteries in legs for long term
lmcgee | Posted
hw can we increase my blood platelets its count is only13000 can you pls suggest some home remedy to increase it...i woud be really thankful to u....
shraddha433 | Last answer
1358245_tn?1282578256
dear dr.,my sister40YRS. develpoed severe pulmonary hypertension with RVH ,rt.heart failure.also diagnosed for lt.soleal vein thrombosis.she is now in hospital.she having cyanosis she is known case of sickle - beta thalessemia ,diagn...
hac2007 | Posted
Everytime I stand up I get dizzy and have these blackouts. I've had them before but lately they come everytime I stand up. It takes about 8-10 seconds before it goes away. But when it does go away, I begin to get headaches. This happens ...
raijai37 | Posted
My 8 yr old son was having issues with bruising. since june 2nd his platelet count has dropped from 73 to 33. he has low WBC and low RBC. he has reactive lymphocytes(19) noone has given me any answer on what may be wrong, just to keep h...
njgand3 | Posted
Hi, I have been feeling something crawling inside my bloodvessels, mostly on my upper back, but the stomach also feels weird for 3 months. Sometimes the back is bit painful. I have diarrhoa or constipation most of the time. The blood...
nipitiri | Posted
I was diagnoised with the Sickle Cell Trait about a month after I was born. I am 22 and will be 23 in October. I don't know too much about the trait except that Anemia is much worse. I have pains a lot (everyday). I have had Migraines si...
Liberated1987 | Last answer
well i have these white dots in my hand. i also have these little white dots in my lips. i have eczema. the white dots in my hands don't disappear. could you please tell me what these white dots are. im really scared!!!
Eddy8 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sickle Cell Anemia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...