Aa
A
A
Close

Sinus Infections/Disorders Community

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

61 - 80 (of 387) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have a strong metallic taste and smell in my nose. Everything tastes bitter. I am blowing my nose a lot and either have a clear discharge or coagulated blood. How can I resolve this issue?
ABCisme | Posted
What is the BEST over the counter medicine to treat sinus infection/pressure? I have had 3 over the past year and a half ( seems like when ever the weather changes) I am unable to leave work today and run to the doctor, but I am needi...
Mparson9 | Last answer
Hi ! I was prescribed flonase for chronic sinus infections... I've been on it for a while. I stopped for about a month as decided to start back because the only other thing I've found tht helps is Benadryl but I cant take that with my he...
Mayobarber | Last answer
I had septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery 9 days ago. The procedure went well and since i've had the splints removed 2 days ago, my breathing is significantly improved. The problem is I am suffering from horrible headaches (not...
ken1969 | Posted
1729448_tn?1342098337
i just started taking amox tr-k clv 875-125 mg twice a day, yesterday. i dont know if its the antiobiotic, the mix of mucinex and ibuprofen (200mg tablets...im taking like 4 instead of 2 because i have such a bad sinus headache), or some...
xxtiffiexx | Last answer
So, this is how it all started- on 16th of Oct, i fell really sick with a fever...i ignored it but even after 5 days, when it would not go away, i had a blood test done & was tested positive for dengue. i took medications & my fever vani...
himadri_sm | Last answer
So like many, I have a question (or rather anxiety) about my plugged nose. I've been reading some question and of course it just makes you more anxious. So I've had this plugged nose for about six months. It may have been longer, but...
MercyMila | Posted
12671083_tn?1426597769
Hello All I have had a constant pressure behind my right eye and do not know what it is, It spans from my right forehead, down around my right eye and back towards the back of my head past my right ear,or at least this is what it feel...
thomas_37746 | Posted
Hello, thank you to anyone who may respond. I wanted to know if anyone else have experienced or has an idea to what would cause pain on the top of my head/scalp? I would say it is located just above the crown of my head moving toward...
jakeutsa | Posted
Whenever I tilt my head down to write for more than about 5 minutes, I get dizziness for the next 24 hours. The same goes for hanging my head upside down like "downward dog" position in yoga = dizzy for the next 24 hours. I feel fullnes...
dizzybee123 | Last answer
Is it possible to have sinus issues without the typical congestion? I've been having headaches, a slight earache, cheekbone pain (front of face under eyes), and fatigue for two months. I had an MRI about two weeks ago and it was all clea...
mls417 | Last answer
I have been diagnosed with a sphenoid sinus cyst in 2013. I had an endoscopic surgery three months later and remove it. I had some headaches one year later and i did an mri which showed mucosal hypertrophy of sphenoid sinus and the ent d...
agron1111 | Posted
Greetings, I've been diagnosed with what my ENT affectionately calls a "pretty gnarly septum". He's suggested a septoplasty. I feel like I really need this procedure as my breathing through left nostril is terrible about 80% of the ...
trollfromtn | Posted
I'm having a balloon sinuplasty in a week. I'm looking forward to the end of my sinus problems. However, I have a few questions for people who have actually had it done. I asked the nurse when she called to give me instructions, but I ki...
NJNEB | Posted
I don't know what's going on with me for the past few months I've been having problems with my sinuses I'm sneeze I get postnasal drip and I'm cleaning out clear phlegm my eyes are burning sometimes not all the time I get mild headache...
mikegatvia80 | Posted
I have had these olfactory hallucinations for at least 6 months now and they seem to be getting worse. I smell paint, coffee and cigarettes burning. Now Im smelling burnt citrus (thats the only way to explain it). When I smell the cigar...
joelcoqui | Last answer
Recently I haven't been able to taste my food I was taking a dietary supplement called Etherium Gold Focused Brain to help me focus. Went to the doctor for a annual checkup and go all my labs drawn and everything was normal. However duri...
Bruckner93 | Last answer
I was an avid long-distance runner between the time that I was 14 and 22. I always ate pretty well, and only occasionally allowed myself to become dehydrated. I did not seem to have any allergies or asthma symptoms. Heart rate and BP ...
ex_runner | Last answer
1348686_tn?1310657843
Hi all....I am new to this forum and I am looking for any advice I can get. I have been battling a horrible sinus infection for 3 weeks now. I am on my 2nd course of antibiotics and nothing seems to be helping me. I have lost my sense...
jul04 | Last answer
Here are the notes under Impression: 1. Minimal memberane thickening ethmoid air cells single opacified left ethmoid air cell mucosal thickened mucosa floor of the right maxillary sinus, and mucous retention cysts left maxilary sinus. t...
crotchrotmystery | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...