Aa
A
A
Close

Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

61 - 80 (of 600) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, I am currently 100 lbs over weight, 32/male. I have had this problem even when I was just 40 lbs over weight. One thing, I had a sleep study and was told my apnea events were not severe enough even for a CPAP machine. Wh...
Citizen T | Last answer
Can sleep apnea (oxygen level 58) over an extended period of time (at least 8 months) cause you to have a loss of brain cells? I understand brain cells do not regenerate. Is that correct?
CAROL1998 | Last answer
Diagnoses with severe OSA. Cpap helped alot but still excessive daytime fatigue, consentration/memory issues. Will fall asleep talking to someone. Driving any distance is not an option. Provagil 200mg twice a day helping. Ritalin did no...
shelly62 | Last answer
This may sound silly but at times when I am tired at night to 'forget' to breathe. By that I mean I exhale then don't inhale until i realize I stopped breathing. I only do this in that state you are in that us sort of trancelike when you...
Lilbunny2347 | Last answer
I ALWAYS FEEL TIRED AND CAN EASILY JUST NOD OFF EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT SLEEPING PROPERLY, I NOD OFF AT WORK SOMETIMES. I GET COLD VERY EASY, I FEEL SICK QUITE A LOT. I GET HEADACHES VERY EASILY. I AM ALSO STRESSED BECAUSE OF ALL THIS.
CHELE47 | Last answer
am having the weirdess sensations as I fall into a deep sleep and it awakens me and scares me. I have a 'buzz" that goes off inside my head (or my mind) and the sensations of tingling. It only happens as I am going into REM. I have n...
Sleepy81 | Last answer
My son is 2 ½. He has never been a good sleeper. I have worked on keeping him in his bed but that doesn’t work. Even when he is sleeping in my bed he is consistently waking up every 45 min – 1 hour crying. When he is sleeping he is ...
momtocutelittelboy | Last answer
Been on the CPAP for the last year. three months ago I had a septoplasty...All went well. Two weeks ago I had UPPP surgery and ever since the first night as soon as I fall asleep I start choking. Seems like even when I'm awake i can take...
Bernard746 | Last answer
i went to a sleep study and on average i stopped breathing 32 times and hour some of those times where up to 1 minute. i am now on a cpap and take flonaze. the doctors say that i have to have the cpap for the rest of my life. Is there an...
traygar | Last answer
Hello, I just reviewed my medical records which included a sleep study. Apparently, according to the paper work I have a diagnosis of upper airway resistance syndrome (23 arousals an hour). No one mentioned that this was a condition ...
nipsic987 | Last answer
1298554_tn?1336010451
My 10 year old son has been getting up from his sleep walking around like he doesn't know what is going on I ask him what is wrong because he grabs his chest and acts like he is scared, he also touches his nose and when I ask him what is...
Lylu | Last answer
The Dr. said she needs her tonsils taken out very badly, but that she is very high risk because of age and weight. Are their any options other than surgery until she can get older and weigh more. What are the risks of the apnea, if we ...
mamaperry3 | Last answer
I have been diagnosed with Mild to Moderate sleep apnea about 6 months ago. I was put on CPAP At a level of 10. I was still having trouble staying awake so my doctor put me on Nuvigil 150 mg daily. It helps but I'm convinced that it is n...
dubbsts | Last answer
I am a 48 year old, reasonably fit male with severe OSA (110 apneas per hour) and a sleeping heart rate of 122 beats per minute. Prior to having a sleep study completed which established the forgoing data, I was for about six weeks exper...
bantool | Last answer
I have sleep apenea and use a CPAP machine, but even with the machine I am awaken by pain or having to go to bath room every 1-1/2 to 2 hours to urniate. During day time I can't control bladder and have to go every 1-1/2 to 2 hours and s...
revmike | Last answer
968908_tn?1274874715
Hello, i suffer from severe anxiety and 6 months ago my gp prescribed me 80mg Propranalol to ease the symptoms which has worked well, however since i have taken the med i have felt tried and this tiredness is increasing. Over the last t...
Julie359 | Last answer
1310435_tn?1273601677
WHAT CAN I DO TO GO TO SLEEP FASTER, IT TAKES HOURS FOR ME TO FALL ASLEEP I JUST TOSS AND TURN AND THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING??
katiefaye | Last answer
hi i am a 18 year old female who cant go to sleep everynight til 3am i dont know y my bf says i stop sleeping in my sleep then breathe again last night i woke up in a sitting position and gasped for air pleaseee help what is this??
rie422 | Last answer
Hello, I am 36 yrs old suffering with mild sleep apnea. I am scheduled to have a tonsillectomy,UP3, septoplasty, and inferior turbinate reduction done next week (May 25th). After doing some research I'm not finding many success with the ...
Michellelandon | Last answer
I have been on APAP since November 2008. I have only "missed" one or two nights using my machine since starting, and those were because I was staying with my dad in the hospital. So, you can say I am very diligent about my therapy. I ...
rick2057 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank