Blank
Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Social Security Disability or SSDI Group

I wanted to start this group to keep in touch with others and to help or get tips from others about SSDI since there isn't a forum for it. Where are you in the filing process? What have you learned or need to know so we can help each other through the long treacherous process.

1 - 20 (of 40) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My husband singed up for SSDI in September2016. He was approved and got his letter in Middle of Janurary. He was out of work sept through November. He returned to work December 1. He is not able to continue work due to his bipolar. He ha...
  Posted
I was on ssdi and started working full time at a job for 3 months and made more than the allowed amount. I was taken off ssdi but I got my pay reduced and quit that job because I got written up for low productivity. I started another f...
  Posted
Ive worked all my life and four years ago I had my frist heart attack ive since had two more I have five stents ive been diagnosed with coronary artery disease. Ive been denied two times and I have a court appointment tomorrow whats the...
  Posted
i cant get an answer to my husband has greater ss if he dies how much per cent do i get, mine will be dropped . i need to know in case he,s 85 with demntia and heart failure .been married only once 55 yrs.any answers?
  Posted
At my hearing the judge asked if I could work if I was given certain accommodations. These accommodations would be nearly impossible but the ve said yes I could work two jobs if I had those accommodations. The judge then asked him a se...
  Posted
Just used a company called disabilitybriefwriters.com to write an on-the-record request for me. I was told I was awarded on Friday. How long until I receive a written decision? How long until I receive benefits? Thank you for your help. ...
  Posted
My son who is 18, received his first SSDI check (50%) from my SSDI. He believes it is his and refuses to help with any financials. When I ask him how he earned these funds, he has no answer and replies to me "whose name is on the check...
  Posted
I have applied for ssdi and was denied on my initial application. Submitted reconsideration appeal, went to CE exam, DDS called to verify work history and was told by her my case was going back to local office and I would hear something ...
  Posted
5764859 tn?1400885356
Can a mood disorder be warrant for a SSD case?
  Posted
5764859 tn?1400885356
Be considered for SSD? Does anyone here have this dx and have been approved? Is it best to retain an Attorney before the interview? In my circumstance, I have not seen a Psych to assist me with what I have and I have not been officially ...
  Posted
5764859 tn?1400885356
Desire to work while on SSD if that is possible. I called a Represenative(as she mocked me to someone near her by telling them that I was repeating the questions) I have trouble recollecting things so I explained this to her. Anyhow. her...
  Posted
606340 tn?1371501412
I was just approved for my ssdi claim although I haven't seen any money yet I wonder if I can continue to receive my food stamps? The amount of disability is $775 a month which I believe is still below the poverty line? Thanks
  Posted
194224 tn?1371163802
Hello community. Recently I experienced an injury causing the shattering of both my elbows. They are so bad I can't play simple sports such as badminton, and repetitive use causes snapping, etc. I received two different responses f...
  Posted
Has anyone been asked to pay back Social Security Disability payments. I received a letter from SSD saying I had been overpaid by over $21,000 and have attempted to dispute it without results. In the letter they want all the money withi...
  Posted
Do I have a chance of getting APPROVED? I was given an Unfavorable decision 8/2011 2 weeks after my first hearing. I appealed in 10/2011. The Appeals Council granted me a second hearing due to an Error in the Law & the fact that the Jud...
  Posted
How can you expedite a claim? I have been out of work for over 24 months. All of my money is gone and my family can no longer help me with Food and Rent. I will be homeless in about month if I don't come up with some money soon. I ju...
  Posted
3197167 tn?1348972206
Hey all, I fully intend to read thru all your posts, questions, advice and answers....but wanted to throw this question out there to all of you that have already "walked" down the "applying for disability road". I am FINALLY convinced ...
  Posted
4895455 tn?1360656777
Tengo artritis reumatoide en rodillas, tobillos y muñecas, artrosis cervical y lumbar degenerativa on osteofitos y bursitis y leves pinzamientos, tengo ademas 100%fibromialgia, bechet, lupus eritematoso cutaneo,colon irritable, depresión...
  Posted
I fought for the better part of 10 years and finally got my ssdi along with ssi about 6 years ago.. I know I cannot get off ssdi because I need several more surgeries and I live in a situation in which some days I can work part of day fo...
  Posted
I screwed up applying for SSDI. I misunderstood the instructions and thought my social security wouldn't be processed until I sent the files in and completed the online form. Clearly I was wrong, because I got a denial and it was because...
  Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Ckdanz joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 22
Blank
Hankskr joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 19