Aa
A
A
Close

Social security and you after a disability. Group

I was disabled after a work related injury. I have been on SS for many years. In July I was reevaluated and claim denied. The doctors were not truthful with their reports. I am in the appeal mode now. I am suffereing a major anxiety issue and it has exasserbated fibromyalgia. I always just wanted my job as a nurse back but was told i could not do anything..... I am frustrated and in pain trying to get my head around all this..... I am going to therapy and on a new antidepressant which isn't helping too much and now i am in the wait game.

1 - 20 (of 14) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1192491_tn?1265035429
I am waitng for my SSDI determination and it has been 3 1/3 months. I applied under Bipolar. I hear that only 36% are approved the first go around. It has been suggested that I hire a lawyer to represent my case if I am denied. I und...
heyjude1 | Last answer
11041895_tn?1415042278
To Everyone thinking of getting a Lawyer after first denial - WHY?? Remember - they will ONLY take a case they feel they can win, because that's the only way they get paid. So remember...If THEY feel they can win...YOU can win just a...
debpurpletiger | Posted
1445257_tn?1289280526
I may sound like I am boasting here but I am not. I had applied over the phone and was denied. I appealed it, all on my own no lawyer, with my psych doctor's help and backing. I truly do believe that is how I got approval. When I appeale...
GracethruFaith | Last answer
Hi I am 36 years old high school grad with some college.preveously worked as a waitress, cook cashier and auto body tech, manager of automotive body shop doing estimates and body work. I have undergone 14 abdominal surgeries for tumors c...
my86442 | Last answer
Try and do long question short!! january 2005 i was an addict labeled with bipolar and major anxiety, got denied by social, then retained lawyers, finally got to the hearing and my lawyer said that the judge will look down on my addictio...
sandy201 | Posted
1502015_tn?1289366034
Well I am just on here right now to say hello to everyone. I have just filed my first SS Disability clam in hope something will come out of it. I did use a lawyer who doesn't take payment unless I get Disability. So far the process ha...
bkdotson4 | Last answer
What's the difference between SSI, and SSDI? Thank you
JZ90210 | Last answer
1263062_tn?1289454301
Hello, I have been off work for several months, had two spinal surgeries and am left with severe pain in neck, back, arms, and legs. I have submitted a phone application for ssdi on thursday and supplied with a phone interview for to...
sandiemas623 | Last answer
606340_tn?1371501412
Is there a helpful source or guide to filing for disability than can help you not make mistakes that could end up costing you later. A source for frequently asked questions about filing? I have so many questions but no attorney will help...
aheart | Last answer
Drifter 0213 You would have to get a hearing and do hire a social security lawyer to represent your case you need you doctor to prove that you are disabled and stating why you are unable to work. also give your lawyer all medical reco...
Evelyn455 | Last answer
675718_tn?1449992146
i was turned away after first time what do I do now apply again?
drifter0213 | Last answer
1192491_tn?1265035429
After 4 grueling months of putting my life in limbo waiting for a determination on SSDI, I finally heard this morning that I have been approved! What a weight off my shouldlers. Oh, what a releif!
heyjude1 | Last answer
At 54 years of age, and working in critical care in an acute care hosp, i was injured at work and I have been drawing my long term disb., a benefit of my job. I have been out of work for 13 months now. I CANNOT NOT believe i have been ou...
neelshy | Last answer
606340_tn?1371501412
I want to apply for disability I have many physical problems and just can't work anymore. Knowing that they turn you down twice, I am afraid to stop working because I have no other income. How do you get by until they approve you? When s...
aheart | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
healthexpert4all joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 11
Blank
namnam46 commented on Americn Pain Foundati...
Oct 22
Blank
namnam46 commented on Statins
Oct 12