Aa
A
A
Close

Speech & Language Disorders Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

1 - 20 (of 535) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello. Often my tongue breaks when I pronounce some words which contain letters r and l. For example: properly, regularly, girlfriend. On the other hand, words like trouble, letter, lorry, lyrics are not problematic. I was just wondering...
  Posted
My daughter is 3 years, and 1 month old. She has been in speech therapy for 6 months. She started speaking early, and talks/sings all the time. However, she rarely answers open-ended questions. She uses some full sentences for exampl...
  Posted
I have three impacted teeth two on top one on bottom.Could this be the reason I have trouble on certain words?
  Posted
17080383 tn?1453550946
Hi i'm a 17 male i speak very fast but i can't utter words properly.I eat some part of a word.My speech is not clear Am i a stammer? how should i avoid it??
  Posted
Sorry for my bad English. I have a daughter who is 2.4 years old and she is our only children. She used to talk as normal as every children or better. Since last month my daughter was not able to speak few words. Example my daughter na...
  Posted
Hi, From last few months , i am facing a very weird speech problem which i had never faced before in my life. Just to give you my background...i wanted to learn singing for fun and also to improve my voice as it sounds a little horse ...
  Posted
hi my 14 year old daughter has recently been diagnosed with PVFM and is having problems with the audible stridor which occurs she finds it really embarrassing and doctors seem to think she should just get on with it and although this is ...
  Posted
Hi, I Just want to ask if it is normal to switch word positions in a a sentence when speaking. For example instead of saying, "Did Cath go to the grocery" I say, "Did grocery go to Cath?" This would happen once in a while but lately i...
  Posted
688450 tn?1259472334
Hello, wondering if anyone out there has had a diagnosis of Apraxia or Dyspraxia with Developmental delays and a few years go by to find out that your child really never had a correct diagnosis and turns out he was smarter in certain are...
  Posted
Hello, Sorry for my bad english, Im having a hard time talking to other people, last time, I was not like this, I can talk properly, but now, I cant, Im having trouble talking, I cant even talk to my parents properly, I can still ta...
  Posted
Hello everyone. I'm a very highly worried dad of a 2.5 year cute, healthy and beautiful daughter. While she was around 1 year, she had started blabbering broken words like "tuh tuh tuh" "wa wa wa" "duh duh duh" "mmmaaa" etc. We though...
  Posted
I'm 20 years old. As time has gone on, my speech has gradually worsened. People tell me I mumble a lot and it's hard to understand me. I also have gotten worse at converting my thoughts into verbal form. Because of this, I'm apprehen...
  Posted
My 26 month old isn't talking nor communicating and I want to seek help from early intervention centre, pls has anyone sought help from them before?
  Posted
am a desperate and worried parent of a 2.5 year old who doesn't talk. A child who isn't good at understanding instructions, has selective hearing and doesn't speak a word to us yet. Otherwise he is a fun and happy child with no major be...
  Posted
Hello! My son is going to be 2.5 years in next month. He was speaking well in the initial stages till 1 1/2 yrs. suddenly she stopped speaking.He was taken for a check up was found that he has a poor eye contact and they said he has ...
  Posted
My 2 year old is not developing any words, he ***** his tongue and grinds his teeth, he doesn't follow simple instructions and upto now wouldn't call mum or dad but tries to say one which comes out as waa, he says no and keeps repeating ...
  Posted
My problem is that although I know EXACTLY what I want to say, when it comes to actually speaking, I can't seem to be able to vocalize my words in the right order, or in the proper way. I also can't help but hesitate between words, or he...
  Posted
My son is 31 months old and he doesn't speak at all, on rare occasions he has said mam & dad but nothing much else. He is very noisy and his nonsense talk is sounding a lot more like words but still nothing. He appears to understand what...
  Posted
Hey guys my name is Mathew and I have been struggling with this problem for awhile. It wasn't until this year that it started to get really bad. What happens is that I would be trying to speak to someone and I just can't get words out. F...
  Posted
My mother, 65 years old, occasionally and mostly in moments when she is very stressed or even panicked, will start a sentence normally and start to stutter slightly, then her words sort of devolve into random syllables. At that point she...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Speech & Language Disorders Community Resources