Aa
A
A
Close

Speech & Language Disorders Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

141 - 160 (of 533) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My second grade sister oftentimes has problems expressing what she is thinking. When she is trying to ask a question or tell a story, she often struggles with putting into words what she is trying to say. Is this a problem? Or is it some...
Margo360 | Last answer
im a 17 year old male who's been on & off different medications for 3 years before i tried "vyanse" last last year at around this time. I went from 20mg to 30mg then to 50mg & took it till the end of may then stopped because of summer. I...
Ryannn94 | Posted
I have a fourteen year old daughter dealing with cerebral palsy, when it comes time to change her and the diaper, she becomes so fussy. she doesn't want to be changed or diapered. how do i resolve this
tvo12 | Posted
My 6 year old son has significant delays, particularly in speech/communication. We had him in a private pre-school where the teachers pointed out that he had some issues that they interpreted to be autistic. We proceeded to have him eval...
dadinpa215 | Last answer
I have a 14 year old daughter that deals with cerebral palsy, when it comes to change her diaper, should I use baby diapers, or the adult diapers
tvo12 | Last answer
This is a problem I only noticed in the last year or two. When I talk, my words get slurred together, or it's hard to get the words out. I have to repeat myself multiple times and it's starting to get tough to communicate with people. It...
SillyMuffin14 | Last answer
Hi, I have a problem I have an 18 year old brother that is now living with me and my family. I have seen in the time he has been living me that he is very slow and its like he 12 and he doesnt even know when the last time he went to a do...
Cindy_Rodgers | Last answer
My 4 month old baby girl is having trouble with her right arm. She doesn't use it nearly as much as her left arm, and is definitely much more comfortable using her left arm. Also she clenches her right fist a lot, which I'm thinking co...
amy_terrance1235 | Last answer
Hi. My son just turned 2 in September. He still doesn't "talk"...He does a lot of jargoing. He has been in speech therapy and occupational for about a month now and has shown some improvements. He has made animals sounds for a long time,...
tonironi1024 | Last answer
Hello I'm 20 years old. I'm really worried because for the last few years I have had issues with my speech, in where I said things that didn't make sense. Now it has got much worse. I feel like I can't think of the right words to say, es...
Please_Help58 | Last answer
I am 22 year old man. Last year , i started to learn basic singing techniques on my own without any guidance. I rashly did vocal exercises, did singing exercises extremely loud for many months . I did it for fun and to improve my voice a...
Kian23 | Last answer
My son will turn 3 in April and has a speech delay. He takes my hand to take the desired objects but doesn't point at them. He's been seeing a speech therapist for three months but the progress is too slow. He knows the tunes of the song...
rouleye | Last answer
My son just turned 4 in december. He is in his 2nd year in an early education program because he had delayed speech. Other then that he is like any other 4 year old. Last year at school was fine; he never had any breakdowns, but this yea...
krazycook | Last answer
i am a single father my son has cromosomal translocation disorder he is 17 and has taking his feces and hiding it around the house putting it in hair brushes pop cans urinating in cups i dont know what to do,he is a sweet and kind young man
tommy292 | Last answer
My Grandson is just turning 3 but I noticed from about 4 months old he held himself on a slant and wouldnt reach for objects like most babies. While he was slow and they found he had a neck problem he is now running around like most chil...
Neeny51 | Last answer
dooes anyonee knowww howw to stoppp stutterriinngg. im 16 years old and i been stuttering since i was little. and im tired of it right now. later on im going to have to go on job interviews and im scared im going to stutter and want get ...
meme630 | Last answer
My grandson is 2 and does not talk. He babbles, says b, p, c, a, etc. and is smart, I believe, but he does not talk! He lines up his cars, etc and he also has a fixation with certain tv programs--Team Umizoomi, Thomas the train, and Lea...
maryctw57 | Last answer
I am 42 year old male. I never had a voice change. If I listen too myself it bothers me. Others just assume I am Gay and it is affecting my job situation. I saw that transexuals are having good success with testosterone therapy and are g...
evinwayne | Last answer
I am 21 and i have noticed that i will switch words in a sentance around. It has been getting worse over the last year. A example would be i was talking to a friend and i tryed to tell them "I feel and hurt my knee" but what i said 4 t...
RTimmerman | Last answer
Mr
My son is 2yrs 10months and still not talking yet He can not say any word except papa, he is very good in sing language to point or say what he want Corncerned Parent
nathankoloti | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Speech & Language Disorders Community Resources